- Blog Topics
Sorry again for the late weigh-in. I actually hopped on the scale at 7 this morning and Instagram-ed it because the the Food Network magazine cracked me up. Then I got the kids up, fed, lunches made, and headed to the gym.
Compared to last week I’m down 2.8, which I don’t think is a true loss. Last week seemed off for how I felt and how my clothes fit. Sometimes you really have to ignore the scale, listen to your body and move on. That’s why I didn’t really care when I saw the jump. In my heart I knew the scale was just being a jerk, again, and like the inner mean girl, sometimes you just have to give it the finger and walk away.
I know it’s easier said than done, but really think about it. Using some number on the scale to guide your decisions is like pulling your kid out of school because he failed a test. You wouldn’t do that, right? Instead you’d have a talk with him. Ask him how he studied, what he didn’t understand, what he needs to work on for the next one, etc., etc., etc.
I’m not saying that weighing yourself should be like a test that you pass or fail, but I am saying it’s one way to get feedback on your progress. Giving you information so you can progress forward. Not step back.
Try to think that way next time your scale is being a jerk. It helps!
OK, time for updates! I’m looking forward to seeing how your week went!
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- What Are You Self-Conscious of?
- A Post-Birthday Father's Day
- Weekend Quote: Explode Beyond Your Limitations
- 3 New Food Finds
- Wednesday Weigh In: 3 Scale-Less Weeks!
- 5 Ways Ditching 'Perfect' has Made Me Happier, Healthier and More Successful
- Scenes from My Low-Key Sensational Sunday
- Weekend Quote: How would your life be different if…
- My Run Streak Continues with a Note About Committing
- Wednesday Weigh In!
- Let's Talk About Trigger Foods
- My Legs. What Legs?
- Avalanches Are Scary
- Weekend Quote: Uncomfortable
- Blog to Book: Musings from My Weight Loss Journey [Kindle Edition]
- A Weight-less Wednesday Weigh In
- Scenes From Our Memorial Monday
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
- Weekend Quote: Comfort Zone
- This Just in...
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.