- Blog Topics
After this weekend, I expected the scale to be up this week and it was.
Just a pound and a half, but it would have been a lot worse if I let the Screw-Today-I’ll-Start-Over-Tomorrow Mindset continue, which is easy to do as many of you know.
Sometimes I get pissed that weight is so easy to gain and so hard to lose. How come a few days of indiscretions easily result in increasing the number on the scale yet a few days of controlled healthy eating barely make a dent?
I don’t really have an answer and the more I think about it I really don’t care.
focus on the scale reading as my only measure of success,
look at it as one variable in my entire equation of healthy living.
I choose the latter.
This week I may have comforted myself with some chocolate and nachos but I also went to Crossfit 4 times, ran 6 miles, cooked numerous healthy meals for my family, watched my son bravely be evaluated for a brand new sport (who knows anything about lacrosse??) continued #YogaAday and was an example for my boys, signed up for the Crossfit Games, and committed to running 6 Tough Mudders this year.
I’d say it was a pretty darn awesome week! Why in the WORLD would I let some stupid number on some stupid scale tell me otherwise.
I refuse to do it and so should you!
Before I have you weigh in, there is a little business to take care of. If you have been playing along in this month’s DietBet, we have 2 days left to reach our goal of 4%. If you do, the site will email you instructions on submitting your final weigh in official to be validated as a winner. You only have to submit photos if you met or exceeded the 4%. I’ll do a wrap-up post once I have all the stats.
Unfortunately, I will not be hosting another game. It was fun but now it’s simply time to move on. I hope you guys understand.
Okay, enough bibble-babble! How was your week? Remember, focus on the positive even if the scale wasn’t your friend. We’re not in this only for the short-term scale changes. It’s about the long-term lifestyle! Right? :)
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
- Weekend Quote: Comfort Zone
- This Just in...
- A Post-Vacation Weigh In
- 20 Fun Yogurt Topping Ideas
- Home on this Sensational Sunday!
- Weekend Quote: Missing Happiness
- Running on Vacation
- A Pre-Vacation Wednesday Weigh In
- So, You Want to Run a Tough Mudder?
- What a Weekend!
- Weekend Quote: Right Not To Care
- Note to Self...
- Wednesday Weigh In: Just 1 Variable
- Ask Roni: Movie Snacks, Paleo, Finding Time, Maintenance, My Inspiration.
- Post Event Blah
- 2 Days-2 Tough Mudders-2 Minutes
- Women, Men and Beauty. I needed a good laugh.
- Does Anyone Mind if I Just Let My Brain Dump?
- Wednesday Weigh In: GOOOOOAAAAALLLL!
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.