- Blog Topics
I have SO much to tell you I don’t know where to begin! Friday I’m hopping on a plane to San Diego specifically to run the SoCal Tough Mudder.
That’s right.. I’m running my 3rd Mudder!
I fell in love after my first one and in a momentary lapse of sanity, I purchased the 2013 Season Pass. That means I have access to every North American Tough Mudder event this year.
Every. Single. One.
Now, there’s no way I could run each event but the pass pays for itself as long as you run 4 so I’m setting my goal to run at least 5.
5 Tough Mudders in 2013.
Yes. I’ve officially gone MAD.
It’s hard to explain what I like about these events. Each one is a challenge in the best possible way.
You have to overcome the physical challenge of actually running 12 miles and participating in obstacles. As someone who didn’t like –or even think she could– run until the ripe old age of 30, this is a huge accomplishment for me.
Not all obstacles are possible to complete alone so you have to accept help and trust others to give you the support you need. Whether it’s physical like hoisting you over a wall or mental like jumping from a 15th foot platform into a lake (watch my first video for more info on THAT!) you can’t be afraid to ask for help. Another huge accomplishment for me.
You have to get over yourself. You are going to get dirty. You are going to look like crap. You are going to have some bad photos snapped of you and possibly even an embarassing video where you are screaming like a crazy person. That’s the POINT! Lose yourself and live in the moment! Something I’m constantly striving for.
After I completed the marathon in 2009, I proved to myself I could do anything and since then I specifically look for challenges that put me out of my comfort zone in more ways than one. These events do exactly that. I’m just as nervous to complete this one as I was my first, but I know afterwards the feeling of accomplishment and the renewed sense of confidence is worth it.
All of that being said I want to extend an invitation.
Issue a challenge, if you will.
I want to run a Tough Mudder with you!
You, sitting there reading this thinking you aren’t ready. Thinking you couldn’t possible complete an event like this. Maybe you’d like to, but you’re waiting UNTIL you hit some number on the scale. Maybe you’re thinking once you fit into THAT pair of jeans you’ll start to try new things. Maybe, you’ve been avoided challenging yourself because you may… may… fail!
Does any of this sound familiar?
Here’s the deal…
- I will cover the Tough Mudder ticket cost for 1 reader who leaves a comment and tells me why this would be the ultimate challenge for them.
- To enter share your story and which Tough Mudder event you’d like to run in the comments. (Click ere to see the 2013 event list)
- I will pick the top 3-5 entries (Monday 2/18) that share their story and chose an event I can actually make it to (I do have to look at travel and the family’s schedule before committing) as finalist.
- I will publish the finalists in a post and allow everyone to vote for a winner.
- The winner and I run a Tough Mudder together. All I ask in return is a guest post. The point is to inspire others with YOUR story.
I should let you know I reached out to Tough Mudder to support this contest but they turned me down, so no, this is not a sponsored post and I am in no way affiliated with them. I am bearing the expense because I think it will be fun. My goal is to inspire and motivate others to get out of their comfort zones and stop waiting to start living their lives because of some stupid number on some stupid scale or the fact they don’t wear a certain size.
So let’s get to it! Who wants to run a Tough Mudder with me? I’m nervous and excited as I hit publish on this one. Yet another way I’m pushing myself out of that comfort zone! Join me and leave your stories in the comments.
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Taking a Wednesday Weigh-In Moment
- Yippee for Vine on Android!
- What Are You Self-Conscious of?
- A Post-Birthday Father's Day
- Weekend Quote: Explode Beyond Your Limitations
- 3 New Food Finds
- Wednesday Weigh In: 3 Scale-Less Weeks!
- 5 Ways Ditching 'Perfect' has Made Me Happier, Healthier and More Successful
- Scenes from My Low-Key Sensational Sunday
- Weekend Quote: How would your life be different if…
- My Run Streak Continues with a Note About Committing
- Wednesday Weigh In!
- Let's Talk About Trigger Foods
- My Legs. What Legs?
- Avalanches Are Scary
- Weekend Quote: Uncomfortable
- Blog to Book: Musings from My Weight Loss Journey [Kindle Edition]
- A Weight-less Wednesday Weigh In
- Scenes From Our Memorial Monday
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.