Weekend Quote: Take Action

Hey guys, just popping in for a quick weekend quote. I’m feeling kind of blah, as my lower back is giving me trouble. Funny thing is, it only hurts when I’m sitting. Walking, running, playing, working out, I’m fine. Sitting at my desk for hours, I can barely move without wincing in pain.

Ugh. Regardless, I wanted to share this quote with you because I did something this week that scares the CRAP out of me.

“Waiting to develop courage is just another form of procrastination. The most successful people take action while they’re afraid.” – Unknown

I signed up for the CrossFit Games.

Yikes!

I don’t think I’m ready. I don’t think I have a chance. I’m not even sure I’ll be able to compete on any level.

It’s completely pushing me out of my comfort zone.

And that’s why I’m doing it.

I told you …

I’m IN!

2012_Reebok_Crossfit_Games

Maria

February 22, 2013

Wow! You are awesome….good for you!

Erin

February 22, 2013

WOW! You will rock it…no matter how you do…you are doing it!! Fabulous!

Jenn@slim-shoppin

February 22, 2013

That’s awesome Roni!!

nic(ole) ;)

February 23, 2013

Roni, you are awesome!! I signed up too!! And it is scary… But we will do our best and that’s all that matters! :)

LisaM

February 23, 2013

Thanks for the quote – I need it today. Planning some solo travel that will break some new ground for me, and am a little anxious! Lower back pain thought – I saw in your photo from crossfit that you do some kettlebells. I really messed up my lower back and butt muscle when I first started w/kettlebells because my form wasn’t quite right. Took a long time to get better, but now that I made a few small changes, I’m not having any more problems. Do instructors watch as people work out?

Valerie Farris Oman

February 23, 2013

I think it’s AWESOME that you signed up for the CF Games!!

Zoe Jacobson

February 24, 2013

I just found your blog and I love it. Such an inspiration! I wanted to share a quote that is similar to yours that I love. Of course, it’s not word for word but it goes something like this, “If your dreams don’t scare the crap out of you, then you aren’t aiming high enough.”. ;-). You’ll do awesome! I do recommend getting your back checked out before it becomes a bigger problem. It sounds like your body is trying to tell you something.

Kaki Bennett

February 24, 2013

Very good quote…I am guilty of waiting until I’m “ready” to do lots of things. (even cleaning the toilets) I’m a long-time reader and a member of blog-to-lose, too, and I really appreciate reading about your experiences and successes. I need to incorporate more exercise into my life, and you are nudging me in that direction. I wrote about a food article today, and I wanted to share. http://www.kaki-fitby40.blogspot.com/ It might be worth reading the whole book, although I’m not sure I can take a break from my fiction to do a non-fiction selection. I’m a librarian, and my to-read list is impossibly long. Thanks again for sharing your journey!

Patty

February 24, 2013

Oh Roni! Thank you for the quote. I’m in that blah place, afraid to take on anything because so much has happened in the last year that has left me feeling down. I’m going to let to words sink in and put the fear aside.

Thank you so much! :)

Congrats to you for joining the Crossfit games!

WJ

February 24, 2013

Hi – my back issue sounds similar so just thought I would suggest what works for me – I sit on a yoga ball and work. Hope it can help you too!

Dawn Mabry

February 25, 2013

YOU ARE AWESOME!! So proud of you. You’ve won just by signing up. ROCK IT!!