- Blog Topics
So last week I posted about shifting my food journal to MyFitnessPal (MFP) and I’ve kept it up for a second week now. It’s just so darn easy! And it’s giving me back that small edge to lose the last few pounds I want to lose.
In a weird way I feel like I did when I lost the original 70lbs that started this blog. Back then I was counting Weight Watcher Flex points and keeping my food journal with pen and paper. After a few weeks, points were so easy to calculate for me I rarely used the slider/calculator. I’d jot down my meals as I went or before hand if I knew what was going to eat. I’d look up restaurant options before going to make the best choice I could. Everything went in the journal and at the end of the day I’d look at it to help me decide what type of evening snack I could “afford” that day.
That’s exactly what I’ve been doing for the past 2 weeks and without even hopping on the scale, I can feel a difference. Note: Tomorrow is weigh in day so I’ll know for sure then but I almost have no doubt it will show a loss.
Now, I’m not saying MFP is the end all be all of weight loss tools. It just happens to be what’s working for me now. I find the app easy to use. I like the way it displays data. The custom options are cool and the web interface works for me.
Back when Weight Watchers used the old points I felt the same way about their plan as well. The food trackers they gave me were easy to use. Points were easy to calculate. The program helped me be accountable without feeling like work or stressing me out.
And THAT’s the key.
Weight Loss doesn’t have a one size fit plan. What works for one may not work for another. You have to find a plan or a method to stay accountable that works for you, not against you. It shouldn’t make your neurotic or obsessive. It shouldn’t be hard, disruptive or feel like work.
Bottom line: It shouldn’t stress you out.
And that’s why I’ll never follow a plan to excludes entire food groups but that’s a whole other post and I have to go to bed. I’m feeling a little better and I really want to get up early for a workout!
So until tomorrow. :)
Oh! and if you to check out my food journal I made it public on MFP.
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
- Weekend Quote: Comfort Zone
- This Just in...
- A Post-Vacation Weigh In
- 20 Fun Yogurt Topping Ideas
- Home on this Sensational Sunday!
- Weekend Quote: Missing Happiness
- Running on Vacation
- A Pre-Vacation Wednesday Weigh In
- So, You Want to Run a Tough Mudder?
- What a Weekend!
- Weekend Quote: Right Not To Care
- Note to Self...
- Wednesday Weigh In: Just 1 Variable
- Ask Roni: Movie Snacks, Paleo, Finding Time, Maintenance, My Inspiration.
- Post Event Blah
- 2 Days-2 Tough Mudders-2 Minutes
- Women, Men and Beauty. I needed a good laugh.
- Does Anyone Mind if I Just Let My Brain Dump?
- Wednesday Weigh In: GOOOOOAAAAALLLL!
- My Heart Hurts
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.