- Blog Topics
The last 2 days have been a blur, but I’m not quite sure why or what I’ve accomplished besides making really good choices while eating out!
That’s right, I’m patting myself on the back. Eating out is a challenge and sometimes it happens more that I’d like it to, but it’s not an excuse to throw my hands in the air and walk away from healthier eating.
I thought I’d share my choices in hopes of giving you some ideas on your next restaurant trip.
First up, Qdoba.
The Husband really wanted to do lunch out yesterday and I agreed. He chose Qdoba, one of my favorite new age fast food chains. My go-to at Qdoba is the craft 2 menu. I get the Mexican Gumbo and naked taco salad.
I skip the rice and just go with beans and pork or chicken. As for toppings, I skip the tortilla strips and sour cream but have them add a little of each salsa for flavor and a bit of cheese.
Based on the nutritional information from their website my choice weighs in at about 450 calories. It was filling, satisfying and tasty! One of my absolute favorites.
Second, Red Robin.
Today I met a friend at the mall and we took the kids to lunch. We decided to sit down at Red Robin instead of braving the food court.
I happen to love Red Robin and it may not seem like it on the surface, but there are great light choices to be had!
I stick with a small burger or grilled chicken on a lettuce bun with a side of broccoli.
Today I went with the Grilled Teriyaki Chicken sandwich with no mayo on a lettuce bun with a side of steamed broccoli. According to their nutrition customizer my lunch weighed in a mere 371 calories.
And let me tell you.. TASTY! Totally satisfying. I didn’t even miss the bun!
Third, Chuck E. Cheese.
Yup, tonight we had dinner at Chuck E. Cheese. It was a treat for the 7 year old who came home with a good report card. He’s been begging us to go for literally years, so we decided it would be a nice surprise.
At first I was not happy about the food choices there but then I looked up the nutritional information and went in with a plan. That always makes it easier. Always.
Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture –too busy playing with the kids….
…but I went with 1 slice of pizza and the salad bar. According to the info on their website my meal was about 370 calories. 1 slice of large cheese pizza is only 169! I was actually quite shocked. For the salad bar I stuck with mostly veggies, a small drizzle of the vinegar based dressing and a few sunflower seeds.
I’m not going to lie, I left feeling awfully proud of myself. There was a time I wouldn’t be able to manage a place like Chuck E. Cheese. I’d stress out about it, decide it wasn’t worth the effort and then pig out because it was easier to “break” my diet then just make the best choices I can and then move on.
Ahh the power of stateless dieting. :)
Do you have any go-to meals at your family restaurants? Please share in the comments. I love getting ideas and seeing how people manage their own eating out.
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
- Weekend Quote: Comfort Zone
- This Just in...
- A Post-Vacation Weigh In
- 20 Fun Yogurt Topping Ideas
- Home on this Sensational Sunday!
- Weekend Quote: Missing Happiness
- Running on Vacation
- A Pre-Vacation Wednesday Weigh In
- So, You Want to Run a Tough Mudder?
- What a Weekend!
- Weekend Quote: Right Not To Care
- Note to Self...
- Wednesday Weigh In: Just 1 Variable
- Ask Roni: Movie Snacks, Paleo, Finding Time, Maintenance, My Inspiration.
- Post Event Blah
- 2 Days-2 Tough Mudders-2 Minutes
- Women, Men and Beauty. I needed a good laugh.
- Does Anyone Mind if I Just Let My Brain Dump?
- Wednesday Weigh In: GOOOOOAAAAALLLL!
- My Heart Hurts
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.