- Blog Topics
I’ve been blah for days now. I think it might be a case of jet lag but regardless, I’m miserable, moping around the house with a bad attitude and just, well, all around yucky.
Yesterday I posted this on faceboook…
“Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.” -Dyer
And it helped.
Today I came across this quote from Charles R. Swindoll,
The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company…a church…a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past…we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you. We are in charge of our attitudes.
It doesn’t always help to know my attitude is in my control, but the more I remind myself the easier it gets to break out of the funk.
And I’ve been in funkville for a couple of days now.
I am in charge of my attitude.
It’s my choice.
Time to consciously take action.
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Taking a Wednesday Weigh-In Moment
- Yippee for Vine on Android!
- What Are You Self-Conscious of?
- A Post-Birthday Father's Day
- Weekend Quote: Explode Beyond Your Limitations
- 3 New Food Finds
- Wednesday Weigh In: 3 Scale-Less Weeks!
- 5 Ways Ditching 'Perfect' has Made Me Happier, Healthier and More Successful
- Scenes from My Low-Key Sensational Sunday
- Weekend Quote: How would your life be different if…
- My Run Streak Continues with a Note About Committing
- Wednesday Weigh In!
- Let's Talk About Trigger Foods
- My Legs. What Legs?
- Avalanches Are Scary
- Weekend Quote: Uncomfortable
- Blog to Book: Musings from My Weight Loss Journey [Kindle Edition]
- A Weight-less Wednesday Weigh In
- Scenes From Our Memorial Monday
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.