Weekend Quote: Attitude

I’ve been blah for days now. I think it might be a case of jet lag but regardless, I’m miserable, moping around the house with a bad attitude and just, well, all around yucky.

Yesterday I posted this on faceboook…

“Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.” -Dyer

And it helped.

A little.

Today I came across this quote from Charles R. Swindoll,

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company…a church…a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past…we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you. We are in charge of our attitudes.

It doesn’t always help to know my attitude is in my control, but the more I remind myself the easier it gets to break out of the funk.

And I’ve been in funkville for a couple of days now.

I am in charge of my attitude.

It’s my choice.

Time to consciously take action.

OR.. just fake it till I make it. :)

Image from eHow.com

LisaM

January 25, 2013

You know that January 21 is statistically considered to be the most depressing day of the year, right? You’re just proving the Power of Math! I’m right there with you this week, but as my grandfather was known to say, “With winter here, can spring be far behind?” Hang in there Roni!

Amy

January 25, 2013

Roni, you know it’s because you are having the post vacation let down. I get that too. It’ll pass.

Jeanine Seyler

January 26, 2013

I love Charles Swindoll. He writes and speaks many good things!

Victoria

January 26, 2013

Vacation let down, and freezing weather! I like your idea to fake it until you make it! Sometimes forcing myself to smile lifts my mood!

nancy

January 26, 2013

Why does that 10% have so much control of our lives???

Michelle

January 26, 2013

I agree with the others, its vacation let down……don’t dispare though, I had this alot but it has gotten much better with age:) Not sure why but coming home to my babies, my husband, the workload….all things that I loved dearly suddenly become very unsatisfying. Hang in there, it will get better and yes faking it till you make it will help…..rooting for you:)
    Michelle in Canada

Dana

January 26, 2013

Can you just fake it till you make it because I’ve missed the regular daily blogs and am looking forward to your sensational Sunday post :-)

Mehgann

January 27, 2013

Whenever I feel that funk coming on, I sing Disney songs at the top of my lungs to my cats. Singing makes me happy anyway, and seeing their disturbed faces (because they just don’t understand) cracks me up and always puts me in a better mood. :)

Mehgann

January 27, 2013

And Disney songs are the best, because they are always so absurd. It lends a feel of the surreal to the whole operation!

Jennifer

January 27, 2013

Thank you for this quote, it really helped me get out of my funk. You are right, we can’t sit there are dwell on things, we have to suck it up and keep on moving!

Bhamorthodontics

February 5, 2013

Lazy Weekend quotes and related quotes about Lazy Weekend. … Spend some time this weekend on home improvement; improve your attitude.

Theplasticsurgerychannel

February 10, 2013

A selection compilation of famous attitude quotes to inspire you. … cause; giving unsolicited advice; complaining; attitude of superiority.