I’ve been thinking about my plan to kick off the new year and how I don’t want to make resolutions as much as just refocusing to help capture the natural motivation that happens at the start of a new year.
So I’ve made a list things I’m trying to emphasize in 2013.
- Scheduling workouts.
- Even go as far as putting repeating events in for classes that fit your schedule.
- Focus on the positive!
- I read so many negative comments in the last few days –I ate too much, I look horrible, the scale was was worse than I thought, blah, blah, blah– STOP! Just stop. It’s the first step to breaking the cycle. Tell your inner mean self to shut the heck up and move on.
- Prep and plan as much as possible.
- Cut fruit and veggies on the weekend, plan a few meals, freeze leftovers for lunch. Planning is more than half the battle.
- Get out of your comfort zone.
- Whether it be what you’re eating, what you’re wearing how your moving. Try new stuff. I did this yesterday with breakfast!
- Challenge yourself and get excited about it.
- Have fun with it. This is why I do #YogaADay and #PlankADay. It’s fun and challenging yet low commitment. You can find 1 minute to do a plank you just have to WANT to and that’s where the excitement comes in. Embrace it. Have fun with it. Get creative. Involve some friends.
- Decide what you’re ‘non- negotiables’ are.
- I wrote about this before. You can’t do it all but you can decide what gets done. Don’t put yourself at the bottom of the list!
- Value Sleep.
- By far my worst habit is staying up to late and eating something I regret in the morning. Don’t procrastinate bed time. All the work and chores will be there in the morning. And TV? Well that’s why they make DVRs.
- Accept that there is no perfect.
- Your diet. Your body. Even the number on the scale. It will never be perfect but that doesn’t mean you just stop. Keep moving forward. Perfect isn’t the prerequisite to reach your goals. Consistency is.
These things are helping frame my mindset as I work towards reaching my goals this year.
Speaking of, hopping on the scale this morning was, well, interesting. But before I go there let me just say I am FLOORED at the response of my NewYear’s DietBet. As of the writing of this post we are at 491 players and $9,760 in the pot!
The challenge starts today and run through Jan 29th. To play with us you have to pony up $20 and if you lose 4% of your body weight by the end you split the pot with the others winners. Click here for more the details.
Now, I want and NEED to stress that in no way is the DietBet taking over my Wednesday Weigh Ins. I’ll still be here every week to weigh in with you and share my thoughts on losing and maintaing a weight loss. That’s not going to change. I just liked the idea of offering a fun twist to kick off the new year and get us motivated.
Anyway, so my interesting scale showed this this morning…
Which is funny because it showed this 2 days ago when I weighed in for DietBet…
Umm yea, that makes NO sense and I’m not letting it bug me. It’s just a number and I know it will catch up to reflect the good choices I’ve been making. I KNOW it will, but still, that scale really likes to mess with our heads, doesn’t it?
Anyway, happy weigh in day. I hope you all had a great holiday break. I have so much work to catch up on today it’s making my head spin, but I’m looking forward to getting back to some routine.
How’s your post-holiday weigh-ins going?