- Blog Topics
That became my mantra in Italy.
Every time the tour director would describe what we were about to do, my response was,
When someone asked if I was interested in hiking up the 463 steps to see the view from the top of the ancient tower I said,
Would you like to try some of this wine?
Taste this authentic recipe?
Take a walk to see…..?
I just had this insatiable desire to experience EVERYTHING.
And I did.
Without fear, guilt, self-consciousness, or feelings of unworthiness.
And it changed me.
I now have a new found motivation to…. DO.
I mean, I always have, but now even MORE so. It’s like I got a glimpse of what life is really all about and now all I want to do is… live.
I can’t wait to see things, do things, and experience things.
Of course it’s not as easy as just saying,
Sometimes you have to spend money. Sometimes it’s time. Sometimes something or someone is in your way. Sometimes that someone is you.
I’m pretty sure I was in my own way for years, and I think my past struggle with weight and body image was a product of that.
Now my willingness and desire to experience is drowning out most of my inner mean girl. She’s still in there trying her hardest to keep me at home, on my couch with a pint of Ben and Jerry’s obsessing over some stupid bad photo or worrying how ridiculous I looked when I stumbled in step class. She’d rather me not try or experience because every time I do her voice gets just a little harder to hear. As my confidence grows she’s reduced to a mere whisper instead of a deafening scream, and one day she will exist no more.
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
- Weekend Quote: Comfort Zone
- This Just in...
- A Post-Vacation Weigh In
- 20 Fun Yogurt Topping Ideas
- Home on this Sensational Sunday!
- Weekend Quote: Missing Happiness
- Running on Vacation
- A Pre-Vacation Wednesday Weigh In
- So, You Want to Run a Tough Mudder?
- What a Weekend!
- Weekend Quote: Right Not To Care
- Note to Self...
- Wednesday Weigh In: Just 1 Variable
- Ask Roni: Movie Snacks, Paleo, Finding Time, Maintenance, My Inspiration.
- Post Event Blah
- 2 Days-2 Tough Mudders-2 Minutes
- Women, Men and Beauty. I needed a good laugh.
- Does Anyone Mind if I Just Let My Brain Dump?
- Wednesday Weigh In: GOOOOOAAAAALLLL!
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.