- Blog Topics
I’m a fairly rational person. I know I can’t gain 5lbs of fat overnight. I know some chocolate and a few Oreo cookies isn’t the end of the world, but I’m noticing an interesting pattern. Actually it’s more of a loop.
I feel fat so I eat crap, and when I eat crap, I feel fat.
There are times nothing tempts me. I feel great. Motivated. Skinny, even. The Husband could be eating a bag of Dorritos next to a pile of cupcakes, fresh Christmas cookies from the oven, and a warm Cinnabon all while asking me if I want to order a double stuff crust pizza and I could. care. less. My answer is no. Easily.
Then there are days I feel off. Fat. In a funk. I walk into a room and the kids will enjoying a couple of Oreo cookies and I can’t walk away. The thought of having a cookie consumes me. I torment myself, bargaining and rationalizing. I grab 1 that turns into 2 then I pour a glass of milk and have 2 more, ok 3. Then, since I already “ruined” the day, I nibble on cheese when making the kids lunches and sit down with a bag of chips while watching TV.
It’s sad, but I still struggle between these two states. I just can’t figure out which comes first, the feeling “fat” (which really is my catch all for depressed, sad, stressed, overwhelmed, scared, lonely, etc.) or the eating of crap.
It’s my personal chicken egg problem.
Which Came First, the Fat or the Crap?
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Taking a Wednesday Weigh-In Moment
- Yippee for Vine on Android!
- What Are You Self-Conscious of?
- A Post-Birthday Father's Day
- Weekend Quote: Explode Beyond Your Limitations
- 3 New Food Finds
- Wednesday Weigh In: 3 Scale-Less Weeks!
- 5 Ways Ditching 'Perfect' has Made Me Happier, Healthier and More Successful
- Scenes from My Low-Key Sensational Sunday
- Weekend Quote: How would your life be different if…
- My Run Streak Continues with a Note About Committing
- Wednesday Weigh In!
- Let's Talk About Trigger Foods
- My Legs. What Legs?
- Avalanches Are Scary
- Weekend Quote: Uncomfortable
- Blog to Book: Musings from My Weight Loss Journey [Kindle Edition]
- A Weight-less Wednesday Weigh In
- Scenes From Our Memorial Monday
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.