- Blog Topics
After a pretty rough Saturday (I had a nasty stomach bug) I woke up late and refreshed this morning. Normally I’m the first one up in the house, but this morning I found one kid playing in his crib. He immediately asked for one of his books when I opened the door…
And the other kid unearthing dinosaur bones.
Both made me smile. What a great way to wake up!
We immediately started the laundry. It’s my way to kickstart the day.
Of course we had our fun first.
I’m sorry, I had to show all 3 of those. Especially the last one because you can see Little Bean’s face. He’s amazed at all Big Brother does and, of course, mimics everything.
The house literally looked like a bomb went off….
…but before we could tackle it: Breakfast!
I soaked some Muesli with almond milk and frozen blueberries…
While I made The Boys The Most Amazing Bowl of Oatmeal EVER. Both love it, even though I skip the chocolate chips for Little Bean.
After breakfast we blasted music and got to work, but I soon left the boys for a fun trail run with my friend Carrie. We stopped on the trail to snap my #YogaADay shot.
I was worried it was going to be cold but it ended up to be a gorgeous running day! We did about 3 miles. It was the first run/workout I’ve done in over a week!
When I got back I made myself some lunch using leftover rice from our chinese takeout the night before.
I’ll post the recipe on GreenLiteBites asap. It turned out great and took moments to make.
After lunch I took Little Bean out to run errands…
..while The Husband’s kept the laundry moving.
I came back to Ryan playing Wii to which his brother immediately hopped on the couch to watch.
The husband headed off to tennis and I put the kids to work.
Yes, that’s Little Guy teaching Little bean how to scrub a toilet bowl with his "bow and arrow" tucked safely in his shirt.
I wouldn’t believe it either if I didn’t take the photo!
Dinner was a store bought rotisserie chicken with green beans, cauliflower, and sweet potato.
After dinner I went downstairs to move the laundry only to discover someone made herself a comfy little spot.
Of course I ruined it by taking her picture. lol
Then The Husband came home and put Little Bean to bed while Ryan and I made chicken broth out of our leftover bones.
He was quit interested!
Once all was said and done I settled in my cleaner house…
… and relaxed with The Husband, a movie and some popcorn. It was a great day!
In other news our New Years DietBet Challenge is up to 228 players! Remember, no pressure to join the bet. This is just for those that would like an extra monetary incentive to up accountability in the new year. I’ll still be doing my typical Wednesday Weigh ins here on the site to keep everyone who want to join in, motivated.
Hope you had a great weekend. Enjoy the New Year!
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
- Weekend Quote: Comfort Zone
- This Just in...
- A Post-Vacation Weigh In
- 20 Fun Yogurt Topping Ideas
- Home on this Sensational Sunday!
- Weekend Quote: Missing Happiness
- Running on Vacation
- A Pre-Vacation Wednesday Weigh In
- So, You Want to Run a Tough Mudder?
- What a Weekend!
- Weekend Quote: Right Not To Care
- Note to Self...
- Wednesday Weigh In: Just 1 Variable
- Ask Roni: Movie Snacks, Paleo, Finding Time, Maintenance, My Inspiration.
- Post Event Blah
- 2 Days-2 Tough Mudders-2 Minutes
- Women, Men and Beauty. I needed a good laugh.
- Does Anyone Mind if I Just Let My Brain Dump?
- Wednesday Weigh In: GOOOOOAAAAALLLL!
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.