- Blog Topics
Anyway, I have my old weight loss tracker page but honestly, it’s a beast to upkeep and navigate. I love having the data (I’m a bit of geek) but keeping it in a nice, friendly, accessible format for the blog is another story.
Now that’s it’s in a google doc I can publish and embed it on the site. Look how cool…
I have over 7 years of data because I’m a dork, so I created a sheet for each year and accounted for the years I didn’t track. If you are just starting, it’s way less complicated!
Go to google docs
Click Create –> Spreadsheet
Enter Date,Weight and Notes in the first 3 columns.
Now, if you want to include a chart which I find REALLY fun (cause geeks love data) all you need to do is click the…
Then select your data range using, choose “line” as the type and viola! Chart.
When you create your document it’s defaultly set to private but you can allow specific people access to it or make it public. Just go to File –> Share, to grant access.
You can also publish the spreadsheet and embed it in your blogs like I did here. That’s also found under the file menu –> Publish to the Web. There you can grab the link to the document or choose HTML and copy the code for your blog. The best part… when you make edits to the spreadsheet all you have to do is “republish” and your blog is automatically updated!
Man, I wish I thought of this earlier!! Let me know if you have any questions. This is how I’ll be tracking from now on.
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Taking a Wednesday Weigh In Moment
- Yippee for Vine on Android!
- What Are You Self-Conscious of?
- A Post-Birthday Father's Day
- Weekend Quote: Explode Beyond Your Limitations
- 3 New Food Finds
- Wednesday Weigh In: 3 Scale-Less Weeks!
- 5 Ways Ditching 'Perfect' has Made Me Happier, Healthier and More Successful
- Scenes from My Low-Key Sensational Sunday
- Weekend Quote: How would your life be different if…
- My Run Streak Continues with a Note About Committing
- Wednesday Weigh In!
- Let's Talk About Trigger Foods
- My Legs. What Legs?
- Avalanches Are Scary
- Weekend Quote: Uncomfortable
- Blog to Book: Musings from My Weight Loss Journey [Kindle Edition]
- A Weight-less Wednesday Weigh In
- Scenes From Our Memorial Monday
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.