WEIGH-IN

Wednesday Weigh In: Notice Trends

I decided to step back this week and notice my weight trends since starting the Weekly Wednesday Weigh Ins. Well, at least the ones where we’ve been weighing in together. Speaking of, we lost an awful lot of people. No judgement here, but if you are hiding from the scale or not checking in I hope it’s because you too busy loving life, not because you’re hiding from the accountability of it all. Make the commitment. I can tell you from experiences, it’s worth it.

Anyway, this morning the scale read.

That’s 1 pound down from last weeks Halloween gain.

I’ve been holding strong on my #lessProcessed #FoodJournal and tracking most of my food choices on Instagram.

My trend since weigh in with you since 8/8 is looking good!

I’m down just over 4.5 lbs and the trend is downwards. Not drasticly, but I’m not going for huge losses here. For me it’s about maintaining and letting my lifestyle chip away at they few pounds lingering from my last pregnancy. Speaking of, I’m only 3.6 lbs away! Sure, it’s taking me 20 months but I’m ok with that. Slow and steady wins the race. :)

I may take some time this week to update my official weight tracker page. It’s been 9 months. That’s crazy!

Anyway, I’m looking forward to your weigh/check ins. How’s everyone doing this week?

oh! And I shared a fun post on premierprotein.com, 5 Easy Ways to Burn More Calories Today. I hired Little Guy as my photographer. He did a good job but I think I’d rather stay behind the camera. Can you say cheesy? lol

Svanhvit

HW: 237

CW: 226.6

GW: 190

H: 6”

Age: 35

Weightloss this week: “gained” 3.8

The scales are acting up. Almost 4 lbs gain. I did not eat nearly enough for that to be a real gain and I can actually feel the water weight. It’s hormonal problems and it’s my body trying to fix the tummy bug I was fighting this weekend. So it’s all good. Of course, the perfectionist in me wanted to sit out the weigh in or say I forgot to weigh in or the scale broke or whatever. But I am not doing that. In the end, I am the one I am accountable to. Life is on – sometimes everything works, sometimes it’s a bit of a mess. So I am taking this number for what it is – a number – and I continue on. I feel great – I had my first swim for over 2 weeks yesterday and killed 1300 meters sidestroke. I tape measured and I have lost a little more. So the number on the scale is just that, nothing more. It doesn’t define me – and I have every reason to believe that next week it will be back to cooperating :)

Hooray for sticking to it – for accountability – for NOT letting a little thing like that become an excuse to go and gobble down a chocolate bar ;)

p.s. TMI probably, but the way I have been running for the private this morning, the water is coming off…….

Laura

November 14, 2012

Wow Roni, that is amazing how close you are to your goal!! Your constant motivation and dedication towards the goal is so inspirational. Thank you for posting your weekly weigh-ins. I have started to weigh in as a result, and taking note of the trends is really helping me to stay focussed and on track :-)

Awesome! Glad to help!

Barb

HW 198.5
    CW 171.5
    GW 145
    H 5’2″
    age 43
    Down .5 from last week! Finally a loss :) Started my workouts again and i’m sore from the shoulders to the knees. Feels good and I feel good! Signed up for 3 events next year, March, June and Sept. I’m really excited.

Beth Thomas

November 14, 2012

Walked probably 5 miles at work Monday! I’m excited to join the weekly weigh in :-)

HW 261
    CW 192.4
    GW 180
    Weight lost this week… 0.8

Florida Kim

HW 170
    CW 157.6
    GW 150
    H 5′ 7″
    A 47
    I’m down 1.2 for the week! The scale is moving a little slower than I would like, but it is moving, and in the right direction. Keep on keeping on!!

Jessica

HW 212
    CW 163.8
    GW 150
    Height 5’9″
    Age 30
    I was doing SO good until yesterday, I ruined all my hard work over the week and ate like crazy. I work night shift and I feel like it screws up with my eating. And my kid has had a fever and it stresses me out, so I eat :( Back on the wagon again.

November 15, 2012

You didn’t ruin “everything” believe me. You are still doing good. Chalk it up to a bad day and move on! :)

Maria

HW:199
    CW: 133.3 (-2.3)
    GW: I would love to get out of the 130s…I would even take 129.9 :)
    H: 5’3
    37yrs old
    Woo hoo! I’m super excited, sticking to the plan works…imagine that! :) Tried to make better choices and get moving a little more and happy to see the reults, let’s hope I can continue it through the holiday coming up. It definately has me more motivated to continue down the right path.

November 15, 2012

Let’s not “hope” and do. You are rocking it! :)

Jessica S

HW 306.6
    CW 289.0
    GW 165ish
    H 5’8″
    Age 27

I lost 3.4 this week! I started off the week with a terrible stomach bug and was down 8 pounds because I was dehydrated. I’ve been feeling better since Sunday and made sure to stay on track during the remainder of the week. So happy with my 3.4 and looking forward to this coming week!

lauren

November 14, 2012

I can actually leave a message..i do this from work and most days this option is not here. i was up a tad at wi sat…i had been on a florida vacation so i am okay with it. this week is going fine..i am strong and so determined to lose during the holiday season instead of coast …i want to be ahead of the game on new year’s day!! :)

Vicki - Michigan

HW 234
    CW 186
    GW 150
    H 5’6″
    Age 46
    I’m one of the ones that haven’t left a comment in awhile because my scale hasn’t been moving. I did lose 1 pound this week, 11 since you started the challenge and 48 total. I’ve lost significant weigh several times and have always started gaining it back about this time so just maintaining it will be a milestone for me. If I can maintain through the holidays I will start fresh again at the beginning of the year to lose the next 35 pounds.

November 15, 2012

Not if but when! And none of this starting fresh. Just keep trucking. Do your best and enjoy the new year with no extra stress to make it “perfect.” deal?

Vicki-Michigan

November 16, 2012

Thank you for the correction, “when” not “if”. I like the way you think. You’re so encouraging to all of us out here. Thank you for that.

Katie

HW: 200+
    CW: 177.8
    GW: 140ish

H: 5’4″

Age: 29

I haven’t weighed in for a few weeks because I know it’s been going up. I know, no excuse. But I’m now down 2 lbs from the last time I weighed in, so that is positive! Trying to stay on track with Thanksgiving coming up!

nancy

HW: around 450
    GW: 199
    CW: remember the 3.2 I lost last week –well it all came back this week +3.2
    H: 5’2
    A: 60
    Well if you were here on the weekend you could have come to my pity party. Last week I had water leaking into my apartment from underground for three days (and it smelled), I broke a tooth, my weight went back up and I am back in my vascular bandage (unaboot) until my tissue grows back on the calf of my left leg.
    BUT that was last week. My apartment is dry, I have a temporary crown, and I hope the scale goes down!! There is always light at the end of the tunnel and the sun is shining here today!!
    RONI thank you for all you do to keep us wayward folks on the path to better ways and days. I don’t think I would have gotten this far without your inspiration. I have never gotten this far without giving up and giving up is not an option when you get to be this age–so thanks!!

November 15, 2012

You are so welcome and my word, cut yourself some slack. What a messy week you had!

tssweety

140.8 up 2 lbs.
    I am starting to get discouraged as I see down 1 or 2 lbs, then up one or 2 lbs. I cannot seem to get these last 5-6 lbs down and STAY DOWN. It is about a lifestyle for me as well. I lost 42 lbs only to gain 10 back and now maintaining there, but for some reason and I know it is my food because I exercise 6 days a week, the last will NOT come off. So theres my little rant and my feeling discouraged. I will press on though.

November 15, 2012

I’m right there with you. In my opinion your best bet isn’t to obsess over it. Keep trucking and focus on make good food choices. For me it’s always about the food, exercising is just a bonus. :)

Rachel

November 14, 2012

I had a decent week with food. I learned a huge lesson for me this week. I have been blaming my fiance and his work schedule and his eating tendancies for my weight struggles for some time now. He just finished working 9 days straight on twelves. I really didn’t see him for 9 days and I still had the desire to drink come Friday night and to eat anything other than fruit for breakfast Saturday morning. I didn’t, but I wanted to and he was not the culprit, I was. I needed to know it’s me not anyone else steering this boat.

November 15, 2012

Great lesson to learn! You control your choices. Believe me I know, I’m married to the worlds worst influence!

Santina

CW:189
    GW: 160
    I’ve missed posting two weeks< been very busy and a little part of me just didn't want to. But I've gained about 7lbs since I havent posted my weight. I'm trying to remotivate myself. What has been the thing to inspire you to start again or to keep going???
    Santina

Kathy Winders O'Halloran

November 14, 2012

Hi Roni, Just found your blog this past week as I have decided to get serious with this whole weight lose thing. So here goes.
    HW 196
    CW 192.5
    GW 145 but will take 150
    HT 5’6
    Age 52

Trixie

HW 215.5
    CW 159.8 (+1.8)
    GW 155
    Height 5’7″
    Age 40

I did a LOT of extra snacking this week and earned my 1.8lb gain. Good cheeses in the house are dangerous for me! So good, so hard to measure (without a scale) and track. Thanks for the inspiration to go back and look at the trends since starting this weigh in – I’ve had many little ups and downs but overall I am down 10.4 lbs since you started this – and under 5 lbs to goal now. I too have wondered why the numbers have gone down so significantly for your Wednesday Weigh In – come on back peeps. We’re here to share & gain support from the recognition that no matter where we are at with our journey, we all have our ups and downs.

November 15, 2012

WOW awesome on the 10.4!!

Kathy Hamilton

HW: 238
    CW: 208.6 (+0.9)
    GW: 160
    Height: 5’8″
    Age: 24

Gained a little this week but its mainly because I am adjusting to a high sodium diet per my doctors orders so trying to balance everything out.

Dukebdc

HW: 148
    CW: 125.4 (-2.0)
    GW: 120-125
    HT: 5’2″
    Age: 34

As much as I’d love to take credit for a 2-pound loss this week, the truth is I’ve been sick pretty much since the last weigh-in. I don’t think I’m terribly dehydrated at this point, but have definitely been “off my feed” as my mother would say. Sorry to be gross, but being full of mucus makes me lose my appetite. So although I don’t intend to go off the rails, I will not be surprised if I see a small gain next week once I am back to 100%.

And if I can ask for thoughts and prayers from the vast internet: my brother and sister-in-law are facing a heartbreaking situation. She is 34 weeks pregnant with twins, and the doctor was unable to find one of the heartbeats last week. Now she is in the early stages of labor, and we are praying that the other little guy is a fighter and makes it into this world.

November 15, 2012

Oh My Dukebdc. Hope all is well!

Debbie Welch

HW: 230 (pregnant)
    CW: 186.8 (-2.0)
    GW: 170
    HT: 6′
    Age: 31

Great week! Down 14.6 since we started weighing in together! Thanks, Roni for providing me with a place to stay accountable :)

woot woot!!

Jodi

HW: 208.2
    CW: 206.8
    GW: 170
    HT: 5’7″
    Age: 41

I started tracking again last week (WW) and am happy to see a loss, though exercise could’ve been more… Progress is progress! :)

Baby steps!!

Amy

HW: 163
    CW: 148.2 (+.2)
    GW: 130
    HT: 5’0″
    Age: 42

I knew this was coming and frankly I am grateful it wasn’t worse. I definitely was not as careful this week, and it shows here in the weigh in. It’s a reminder to me to always be aware, always be present, and that you can’t expect miracles to just happen. In this scenario, you have to make those miracles happen.

Back on the wagon this week.

Aimee

November 14, 2012

I’m taking a weigh in pass today a la Weight Watchers. Last week I weighed in at the lowest weight I can ever remember weighing, 149.4. My grandmother passed away last week and I engaged in some stress eating over the weekend despite my fantastic weigh in. I’m also gearing up to run the Philadelphia Marathon on Sunday so my exercise has been lighter than normal this week. I am journaling every bite. I’m still getting physical activity in every day. I will be back on the scale next Wednesday.

I love the post you and Ryan did on premierprotein.com. Your relationship with Ryan reminds me a lot of mine with my son. Getting fit on my part has certainly made being a mom all the more enjoyable.

Stephanie

HW 182
    CW 148.5
    GW 140

I am up 0.5 from last week. I havent been working real hard at losing this past month. Still in a funk and loss of motivation. I did bring my workout clothes with me so I can change before I leave work. This will be a little extra push to actually do 30 day shred when I get home instead of making dinner and plopping on the couch or cleaning.

Shan

HT:195
    GW:155
    CW:165 (stayed the same)
    Happier Weight 145
    HT:5’11”
    Age:35

Well I did really well last week until yesterday. Between getting my period (which always makes me crave chocolate) and deciding to put down my 14 1/2 year old dog this week and I ended up eating my comfort food that I have managed to stay away from for a long time. I am fine with this, I admit I was comforted. But now I am getting back on track. I will try to stay focused this week but with my dog and attending a friends funeral this coming weekend I am sure it will be a hard week for me. On a positive note I took out my Tracey Anderson video that I have been avoiding and she kicked my butt. My best advice is just do the thing that you are avoiding. I have been avoiding that tape for months and it felt good to face it. Thank you for your post this week. It was great to see you so close to your goal. Keep up the good work.

Élise

November 14, 2012

Hello. I was in Europe for two weeks so it was more difficult to eat vegetarian, unprocessed food. I returned to learn that my father has a cancer. This week-end was not good on food choices. I gained two pounds but I am back on track to get to my dream weight. I am 3.4 pounds from my goal.

Have a good day.

Elise

Present weight: 133.4
    Goal weight: 130

Sara Coats

HW:270
    GW:190
    CW:219
    HT:6′
    Age:32

Back to where I was 3 weeks ago. I could have worked out a little more, but my diet was decent. Now to just keep it going.

Corrie

HW: 174.8
    CW: 152.8 (up .2)
    GW: 145
    H: 5′ 8”
    Age: 37

Doing well! Completed week #2 of my 8 week challenge to earn myself an iPod Shuffle :) Goal is 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise weekly for 8 weeks straight. I really am liking walking with the HRM and hand weights! I feel great!!

Anon

LW: 135.2
    CW: 135.0
    Change: -0.2
    GW: 125
    Holding steady, I guess. Maybe that’s OK for right now.

November 15, 2012

Total success in my book!!

Holly

HW: 200 plus with twins

CW: 150.4

GW: 140’s

H: 5’7″

Age: 34

Well, you’re right. The accountability is great, but when you’re up, like I am this week, it’s something that I wanted to avoid today. But, I am here, checking in at 0.4 pounds gained over the past week and I am going to OWN IT! And learn from it and work harder this next week. Thanks for the opportunity to be accountable here. I truly do appreciate it!

November 15, 2012

Own it and I’d argue it’s great when you’re up too. Like you said, you’re learning and moving on, and I think that’s great! Way better than not facing it and giving up.

Katie

HW: 170
    CW: 159.4 (down .6 from last week)
    H: 5’9″
    Age: 30

Fell off the “less processed” wagon a few times this weekend but overall, still going strong.

November 15, 2012

Hey, less is less for a reason! Every little bit counts.

Sheri J

HW 305
    CW 266.8 (no change)
    GW 150
    HT 5’3″
    Age 56

I haven’t been doing the “less processed” (need to) but I have been eating out a LOT less.

November 15, 2012

I started with just portion control too. I think that’s really the first step.

Darla

CW: 134.2 (up 3)
    H: 5’3″
    Age: 41

I haven’t weighed in 3 weeks plus all the Halloween candy…UGH!!!

Moving on! No biggie. :)

Sarah

HW: 205
    CW: 173.8
    GW: 152
    H:5’7″
    Age: 23
    I just started reading your blog last week so this is my first weigh in with you! Super excited about it!

Welcome!

Sarah

HW: 222.6lbs
    CW: 211.0lbs
    GW: I do not know
    H: 5’7″
    Age: 23
    I have lost 5% of my heightest weight! Hurray!!! Luckily, I am Canadian and we have already had Thanksgiving so this time of year is a lot less dangerous for my waistline. My mini-goal was 20lbs lost by the new year … that gives me 7 weeks … time to get down to business.

jules- big girl bombshell

November 14, 2012

Well, I am on weigh-in restriction currently but love the accountability aspect. I took a pass the last 2 weeks…1st week as that was the week of my “pattern” that would show a gain, and decided not see that….that afternoon after the meeting I fell and ended up in a cast..so no weigh in the second week but still attended meetings… cast came off Monday and now getting caught up on laundry…lol that’s my week.

tina

November 14, 2012

I am here! …although I felt this week I needed to focus on food, so did not weigh in. What time of day do you weigh in ? Like if I dont do it first thing when I wake up… is there another time that you would suggest ? (meaning, baby got up one too many times during the night, and when I woke up it was more like sleep walking.) :T

November 15, 2012

I don’t think it matters as long as you weigh in the same time every day and if you have to weigh in later than just remember the number probably isn’t that accurate.

Carrie

HW: 190 something pregnant
    CW: 161 (-1.4)
    GW: 140-145
    Age: 28
    Height: 5’7″

I’m a little late to the party today…yesterday! I’m on my second full week tracking, went way over on points due to a few completely controllable factors, but still lost a decent amount, so I’m happy with that. I also only exercised twice, but am loving the class I’ve been trying at the gym. I’m switching back to a goal of three workouts, seems more attainable for me at this point. My goals this week: 2-3L of water a day, track ALL points and stay in points goal, and workout three times.

Jackie

HW: 238.8
    CW: 212.0
    GW: 158
    Age 50
    Height: 5’7″
    Well I have to re-evaluate, scale is up .6, I know my water intake this week has not been good and eating to many mutigrain chips. Also my activity is less walking, weights and pilates chair due to a little surgery. Will do better for the next weigh-in.

Denise

November 15, 2012

Ok Roni I read your page all the time and love it, but I am stuck in slow and steady weight gain so I have been hiding from the scale. Looks like I need to listen and stop hiding, have some accountability, and move more and eat less. So here goes nothing. I’m going back to tracking points to get started and instead of just reading your great recipes actually trying to USE them! My son turns five in January so I can’t so much call it baby weight anymore, huh?! My eating and exercise have gotten so bad that I have no energy to play with my kids. Time for me to get serious here! Thanks for your encouragement and inspiration!

HW: 196.5
    CW: 196.5
    GW: 155
    Age: 34 (next week)
    Height: 5’8″

November 15, 2012

Just take it day by day. See you next week. :)

Jessica W

November 15, 2012

Yup, I’ll own it. I’m hiding! It’s been a lackluster week.If I go buy this morning’s WI,
    I’m up 2. I can’t blame it all on Le Curse, but it’s partially responsible. The other part goes to the grazing and vino.
    That being said, I’m TRYING to get in the habit of a morning jog ( Yogging~ Ron Burgundy calls it. I’ll elaborate more on my BTL page.

Karen Jaffe

November 15, 2012

I’m done weighing in for a while. I’ve been stuck in neutral for some time and I have been doing everything I can to move the scale in the right direction, including exercising daily. I was only trying to lose about 3 more pounds, but I guess my body has other ideas. I’m starting to get that obsessive feeling, so I need to focus on other things right now.

November 15, 2012

Good for you for knowing yourself.

valerie

November 15, 2012

I’ve noticed a definite trend. I gain and lose the same 3 pounds every week. But; we’re cooking at home. I have eaten almost every meal from home for almost 2 weeks. I did eat meals that were prepared for meetings I attended but I haven’t spent a dime on food from outside of our pantry or fridge. It feels good. I’m making better choices. I’m not freaking out about not losing because I’m eating real food.

November 15, 2012

See that scale isn’t the only measure of success. You are rocking it!

Sherrie

HW:162

CW:137.2

GW 135

HT. 5’7″

Age 59

Loss 1 pound.

One week until Thanksgiving. I am planning to do an extra workout day this week so I can enjoy Thanksgiving, yet still be in control of my eating.

Jen

HW:267
    CW:184 (down 3 lbs. since checking in 3 weeks ago)
    HT:5’8″
    Age:38
    My weight loss averaged to 1 pound each week. I am cutting carbs tremendously, so basically eating less sugar and it’s been tough but I’m enjoying and looking forward to getting creative with meals. Yesterday I did the mock mashed potatoes (made w/cauliflower) with roasted turkey and green beans on the side. I drank decaf raspberry tea w/out honey. That was pretty good but I think it’ll take more tries to get used to the caulifower, althhough my husband loved it!
    I’ve been making sure to get all my water in (most days). If I’m out and about a lot, it doesn’t happen. But, I’m really trying to make this a priority.

NatMcC

Hw: 184.6
    Cw: 166.4
    GW: 145
    H: 5’7″
    Age: 26

Loss from last week but sill up 1lb from lowest back at first of October. Running a 5k thanksgiving morning, Need to get back on eating better…stress is not my friend and I have a lot of stress recently. Blah.

Cindy M.

HW: 233
    LW:198.2
    CW: 195.0 (-3.2)
    GW: 133
    H: 5’3″
    Age: 27

Feels great to be back on track and moving forward. I’ve been losing steady for the last 3 weeks – and at a frustrating plateau before that – but I stuck with it! And I’m happy because now I’m back to making progress WITHOUT having put it all back on (like I usually do!). Proud of myself for not giving up! *Beaming*

Holly B

HW: 196
    CW: 190
    GW: 155
    Age: 28
    Height: 5’7″

Jeri Lyn

Hw: 200
    Cw: 139.6 (down .8 from last week & 4.4lbs since we started)
    GW: 125 – 135
    H: 5’4″
    Age: 40
    First time I’ve seen the 130’s in a while!! I’m SO happy!! Not a huge loss since the start, but almost the exact same as Roni. :)
    I hope you keep this blog going, i’m sorry for those who dropped off, but it’s really helping me to stay accountable.
    As always, thanks Roni!!!

Rachel K.

November 15, 2012

Hi all – my first time posting/weighing in on Roni’s site and I’m excited about have the added accountability! I’m a long time reader of the blog and really appreciate all that’s offered here especially Roni’s real and sensible advice. Thanks!
    HW: 195
    CW: 171.6
    GW: 155
    H: 5’7″
    Age 46 :)

Lori L.

Hello,
    First time posting…. (I’m also a day late!)
    HW: 161
    CW: 161
    GW: 145
    H: 5’9″
    Age: 37
    Feeling out of control with food lately. Halloween candy gets me every year. Thanks for doing this Roni!

rachel

November 16, 2012

HW:142

CW:112.8

GW:108

H: 5’1″

age 36

i have weighed in every week and I am down 3.4 pounds from the beginning!

Kim

November 16, 2012

HW: 193.4
    CW: 145.2 (down .8)
    GW: 135
    H: 5’4″
    age: 47

I’ve really just been bumbling along since Aug. 8th. I need to step up my game because the pants in my closet are designed for the 135 lb. me:)

imacrazymomof4

November 16, 2012

HW: 200+ when pg
    CW: 137.4
    GW: 130
    H: 5’6
    age: 43
    just found your blog today after searching for healthy choices at a japanese steakhouse…craziness. this is my second week, 3rd month of doing the game on! diet plan. since starting i’ve lost 16.8 lbs and totally revamped my eating. i’m so excited about this game on! plan that i’ve been telling everyone about it. it’s a book, look it up at your library or amazon. i’m also a lifetime ww (even worked there as a receptionist!), and i can honestly say what i’ve been doing the last 2 1/2 months feels so much better than what i was doing…and easier! i am also i HUGE fan of the FREE!! app my fitness pal. keeps me accountable, motivates me with having friends on there, tracks my success, figures out calories for recipes, and makes calorie counting a breeze. makes the whole eating healthy, losing weight thing fun!!

NatMcC

November 16, 2012

Why do I have a better loss on Thursday than on Wednesday’s when I log!??! hahah happens almost every time!!! Just needed to get that out there! ;)

Wendy

November 16, 2012

up two pounds since last weigh in, but I had salty chips and and salty popcorn a few days before and figure it’s got to be the reason. Just determined to drink more water and see what haappends.

Sheila

November 17, 2012

Decided to join in for some holiday time accountability :)
    HW: 186
    CW: 160 (estimating from weigh in earlier in the week)
    GW: 150 or less
    H: 5′ 8′
    Age: 38

Been at this for 6 years through 2 pregnancies. Need to get those last pounds off!

Shelly