One Mom’s Journey from Fat to Skinny to Confident


There’s a Moral to This Story Even if it’s a No Brainer. Doh!

7 Comments 1539 views

I’m not sure if this story is funny or sad. Not sad boohoo but sad as in WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME!

OK, so last night I tweeted out…

As you can see, I was convincing myself that working out in the morning was a good idea.

I mean I KNOW it’s a good idea but that doesn’t mean I don’t need a push now and then.

Pretty much every Tuesday and Thursday for the past 9 months or so I wake up at 5:25 AM, run a mile to the gym, take BodyPump, and run the mile home. I started when I was training for the mudder and never got out of the routine. I’ve been going so long, I finally feel like a regular at the gym. The instructor knows me. The receptionist knows me. It’s nice.

Lately, however, I’ve been unmotivated to go. I skipped Thursday because I stayed up too late FOR NO REASON AT ALL. Why do I do that to myself? It’s kind of like the eating late at night thing. I’m on the couch. I know I should go to bed. I’m tired, that’s for sure, but no, I just sit there procrastinating bed time like a child. Regretting it every morning like an addict.

So I sent out that tweet, laid out my workout clothes, set the alarm and went to bed.

This morning I woke up moments before my alarm was set to go off.

Or so I thought.

I hopped out of bed. Shut off the alarm. Got dressed. Brushed my teeth. And headed downstairs. That’s when I heard the baby stir.

Hmmm. He’s never up before 7, that’s odd.

I shrug my shoulders and keep going. The husbands home and he can get the baby if he wakes up while I’m at the gym. This is the only time I have to go, and I’m going!

I let the cat out and notice it’s raining. I tweet this…

DAMN. I really want to run to the gym. Oh, it’s only a drizzle. I’ll be fine.

So I lace up and head out the door.

About 2 minutes in the sky opens up and literally dumps buckets of water on my head as if to tell me I made a horrible, horrible decision. Now I’m going to be soaked during body pump.

Oh, well. I’m usually a hot sweaty mess. This will probably feel good.

I run through a neighboring community and across the walking path to the main road. It’s so busy I can hardly cross.

There must an accident on the highway and everyone’s getting detoured to the secondaries.There’s never this must traffic at 5:50

I think to myself.

I get to the gym and hand my badge to the receptionist. She says, "You’re late this morning."

"Yeah, I was debating running in the rain." I said.

But then I looked at the clock and I was actually a minute or 2 earlier than I am normally for class.

She must know class has already started or something. That’s strange.

I walk towards the studio and notice an empty room.

wow. Where is everyone? There’s usually at least 10 of us.

I go to open the door and there’s the instructor and another woman walking out. They look at me funny. I glance over at the clock…

it’s 6:59!

NOT 5:59.


I look back over at the instructor and say, laughing, "You aren’t going to believe this. I’m an hour late. I really thought it was 6 o’clock!"

We all laugh.

"At least you ran." She said.

" *sigh* yeah, I’ll get a good 2.5 miles in, but still… I was really looking forward to class!"

We’re all still laughing.

"Well, now you’ll have a fun story to tell everyone today. You can blog it."

HA! That’s exactly what I’ll do.

Lesson Learned: Don’t only look at the minute hands when scheduling the alarm and checking the time. Especially when busy and overwhlemed. That first number holds some very important information!

Leave a comment

I’d love to hear your story or thoughts on mine.

However, to prevent the massive amounts of spam I was receiving I have turned off comments on any post older than 5 days old. If you'd like to leave me a note regarding this post or anything really try me on twitter (@RoniNoone,) my Facebook page, or even IG (@RoniNoone) I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. I never thought I'd have to do this but it's gotten way out of hand and comment management has become simply too time consuming to manage.


There are 7 comments so far.

    Kate D.

    November 13, 2012

    Don’t feel bad – there were several months when I had to take my husband to work each morning – I woke up and panicked, thinking we it was 530 and we were late, We jumped out of bed, rushed to get ready, put the baby in the car, and sped off. On the highway, we realized there wasn’t as much traffic as normal. And THAT is when we finally looked at the clock. It was 330 in the morning!! So yeah, I know how you feel. :)


      November 13, 2012

      ok, That does make me feel better. lol


    November 13, 2012

    HA – I like this story!! And you’re my hero for running in the rain with such a great attitude!!!


    November 13, 2012

    That’s hilarious!

    June Burnett

    November 13, 2012

    I was kind of afraid you were going to say that your husband had left the house and the baby was home alone! :-) You still got out there and ran in the rain, you’re my hero.


    November 14, 2012

    It happens to all of us! There is one clock radio at my mom’s house and we cannot figure out how to change the time b/c it was my dad’s radio and he never let us touch it. It’s freaked us out a few times that we were late for stuff.
    Since we cant figure it out my mom put a water bottle in front of it! LOL!
    I will solve the mystery over Thanksgiving weekend! :)

    Mishal Malik

    November 15, 2012