- Blog Topics
2 days ago I gave myself a good talking to. It was time to break the cycle.
For me that means getting creative in the kitchen and striving for less and less processed foods. So I pulled out the old camera phone and started taking my food journal more seriously. I tend to slack when the old funk sets in.
I’m always amazed how easy it gets once positive momentum does take over. I’ll repeat what I said yesterday. There definitely is a correlation between what I eat and what I want to eat. Once I set the ball in motion (again) it gets easier and easier.
Here’s a photo food journey of my last 3 days. Please excuse the quality, I’m still figuring the best way to take shots in low light situations.
I love starting my day with eggs. This was an made with pepper and onions.
Made this salad to bring with me on the run. It’s just like Quick Kale and Clementine Salad on the Run but I swapped dried cranberries for pomegranate and added some sunflower seeds.
Apple and almond butter makes a great snack!
I roasted a pork loin and used some leftover thanksgiving gravy. On the side a baked sweet potato and mixed veggies.
Late night snack of yogurt topped with banana, walnuts, honey and a bit of chocolate syrup.
Another egg. This time I made it with leftover broccoli from the night before and split it with Little Bean.
No-Bake Dark Chocolate Coated Cashew Balls. The ideas been brewing in me for some time and I need, well, wanted some less processed snacks to keep on hand.
Quick quesadilla made for lunch out of the leftovers from the night before; pork, veggies and cheese.
Spiced hot cocoa and air popped popcorn with some salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and a touch of powdered sugar.
Breakfast today was puffed Kamut (I don’t know what it is either but the nutritional info looked good!) topped with banana and frozen blueberries.
Finished off those Dark Chocolate Coated Cashew Balls while working.
A new salad I made up today. I’ll be posting it on GreenLiteBites tomorrow.
It was taco night and I decided to make a HUGE salad for myself out of my favorite taco filling.
Just enjoyed this. Pomegranate, sunflower seeds and honey over yogurt. I’m planning on a post where I just share yogurt toppings. I’ve been having fun coming up with them.
I’m proud of my food choices these last 3 days. I hope by sharing they give you a few ideas!
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Taking a Wednesday Weigh In Moment
- Yippee for Vine on Android!
- What Are You Self-Conscious of?
- A Post-Birthday Father's Day
- Weekend Quote: Explode Beyond Your Limitations
- 3 New Food Finds
- Wednesday Weigh In: 3 Scale-Less Weeks!
- 5 Ways Ditching 'Perfect' has Made Me Happier, Healthier and More Successful
- Scenes from My Low-Key Sensational Sunday
- Weekend Quote: How would your life be different if…
- My Run Streak Continues with a Note About Committing
- Wednesday Weigh In!
- Let's Talk About Trigger Foods
- My Legs. What Legs?
- Avalanches Are Scary
- Weekend Quote: Uncomfortable
- Blog to Book: Musings from My Weight Loss Journey [Kindle Edition]
- A Weight-less Wednesday Weigh In
- Scenes From Our Memorial Monday
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.