- Blog Topics
Last night all I wanted was something.
Something chocolatey. Something gooey. Something sweet. Something I could just grab and mindlessly eat while vegging on the couch.
Why? Why? Why?
“For every effect there is a root cause. Find and address the root cause rather than try to fix the effect.” -Celestine Chua
I ended up with a pint of Ben and Jerry’s in my hand instead of finding the root cause of the craving.
Honestly, I kind of knew what the root cause was but I didn’t care. In the moment all I wanted was to forget the stress, throw away the to-do, ignore the messy house, relax on the couch and dig into a pint of ice cream.
And that’s exactly what happened.
I’m not mad at myself and I don’t think I ate anything “bad,” I’m just making a mental note to do a little more work on finding the root cause before asking the husband to pick me up a pint of ice cream on his way home.
Tomorrow I’m running the half in the Baltimore Running Festival. I’m a little nervous considering I haven’t really trained. It was a spur of the moment decision since I felt the need for a little inspiration in the running department.
Events always inspire me, regardless of how well I do. My plan is to bring the goPro and have fun with it.
Side note: Thanks to @foodPorn for the photo
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Taking a Wednesday Weigh In Moment
- Yippee for Vine on Android!
- What Are You Self-Conscious of?
- A Post-Birthday Father's Day
- Weekend Quote: Explode Beyond Your Limitations
- 3 New Food Finds
- Wednesday Weigh In: 3 Scale-Less Weeks!
- 5 Ways Ditching 'Perfect' has Made Me Happier, Healthier and More Successful
- Scenes from My Low-Key Sensational Sunday
- Weekend Quote: How would your life be different if…
- My Run Streak Continues with a Note About Committing
- Wednesday Weigh In!
- Let's Talk About Trigger Foods
- My Legs. What Legs?
- Avalanches Are Scary
- Weekend Quote: Uncomfortable
- Blog to Book: Musings from My Weight Loss Journey [Kindle Edition]
- A Weight-less Wednesday Weigh In
- Scenes From Our Memorial Monday
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.