Seattle Here I Come!

I'm Going to BlogHer Food'12

No time tonight. I should be packing but I’m procrastinating for some reason. Tomorrow I leave for Seattle and it’s throwing me for a loop. I’m not sure why. Here I am on the eve of a 4 day kid-less, husband-less excursion and I’ve just been in a nasty funk since yesterday.

I’m stressing about the travel. Worried about leaving the kids. Craving a consistent schedule.

I know I’m going to have a blast. I just need to get over myself. I’ve been “feeling fat” which equals “stressed” which equals WAY too much cheese and an obscene number chocolate chip cookies today.

I’m moving on and ready to live it up on the Pacific coast. I’ve bever been to Washington and this will be my first BlogHer Food conference. I’m nervous and excited as I’ll be traveling and attending alone. Part of me in looking forward to alone time even though it’s a social event. Not sure of that makes sense.

Anyway, I’ve got to get packing. I plan on blogging while I’m there. Thinking a few traveling food journals would be fun as I’m anticipating lots of tasty options at a food conference! Oh and no one there will think I’m nuts taking photos at lunch. :)

Have a great night!

shandy (@webgals)

June 6, 2012

Are you going to Pike Place Market at all? I went to a web design conference several years ago and LOVED my morning time wandering that market. Even ate at the diner that was in Sleepless in Seattle. Love that place.

sarahc

June 6, 2012

Have a wonderful time in Seattle-I lived there until a couple of years ago when we moved to eastern WA and this is a great time of year to be in town (although the weather forecast not so great-sorry about that). If you are staying downtown, enjoy a run down along the waterfront-you can run past all the piers and then to Myrtle Edwards park, which is also by the water. The puget sound is really pretty and watching the ferry boats come and go is a treat. And don’t feel too bad for walking back up to your hotel-Seattle is a hilly hilly place. Have a wonderful trip!

Andrea Williams

June 6, 2012

Hope you enjoy it here! Cold and grey but it really is best to see it the way it usually is. There are some great places to run, Greenlake is awesome but there are others depending on where you are staying. Welcome!

Shelley

June 7, 2012

Have an amazing time. It will be so fun for you. I totally know what you mean about “alone” time at a social function – you’ll get to go to the bathroom alone!

Sad I won’t be there to hang out with you :| But I expect a full report!!

Reen

June 7, 2012

Have a great time! I have a nephew in Seattle. I’ve never been there though. I would love to take a trip by myself. Hubby and I always do EVERYTHING together. One of these days, I plan on getting to a blogging conference somewhere.

Have a great trip!! Can’t wait to hear all about it!

dani

June 7, 2012

Funny I am also leaving today on a rare 4 day kidless trip alone flying OUT of Seattle :-) feeling a lot the same for some reason!! But I am sure you will have a great time once you get there, hope you enjoy Seattle and the conference!!

Caitlin

June 7, 2012

How exciting! I totally get that good feeling that comes with being alone at a social event. I’m in Seattle and would love to give you tips or any help if you need anything at all! I would need serious insider help if traveling to the east coast on my own :)

Patty

June 7, 2012

Have a great time! I can’t wait to see your pics from BlogHer Food :)

ana Myre

June 7, 2012

Enjoy!!!

Roz@weightingfor50

June 7, 2012

Hi Roni. I’m just up the coast from Seattle in Vancouver…so welcome (in advance) to the West coast. (it’s the “wet coast” today, but things are supposed to look up for the next couple of days, which will bode well for you and the other conference attendees) Enjoy it, can’t wait for your recaps!!!!!

Charlie Hills

June 8, 2012

“nervous and excited as I’ll be traveling and attending alone.” Hmmm, I remember feeling something like that on my way to a certain conference in Baltimore.