- Blog Topics
Yesterday morning I packed my bags and checked out of the hotel.
I had a full day to spend in Seattle. My flight was not scheduled until 11 PM PT
I didn’t really have a plan besides wandering around the city. So I headed down to Pike Place Market where I window shopped and people watched.
I found the bubblegum wall everyone talks about.
Click here to see a few more photos of the gum on Poop Butterflies. Posting them all here seemed like overkill but I wanted to share them.
As I wondered around I was amazed how hilly and staircase filled the city is.
There was also a lot of totem style wood statues.
I made my way towards Smith Tower.
I was planning on going to Columbia Towers like Tanne suggested but their observation deck is closed on the weekend. :(
It was the Concierge that told about Smith.
The view was awesome!
I love finding old or interesting buildings from above that you tend to take for granted when on the ground.
I also spied the needle. I really wanted to go.
For lunch I was craving something… something.. well, FRIED.
I had so much good food this weekend. Thai, Sushi, Italian. It was time for a good old fashion fish and chips style meal.
I had it at the Crab Pot and enjoyed a lunch alone reading a comic book I picked up for Little Guy.
I decided the fries just weren’t worth it but the cole slaw? Devine!
Next I made my way over to the Underground Tour.
It was AWESOME! One of the best walking tours I’ve ever taken.
The coolest thing? The old "Sky Lights"
This is what they look like from the top.
After the tour I made my way back to the Market…
… on my way to the Space Needle.
The view was amazing!
I could stay up there all day but I also bought a ticket for the Chihuly Garden and Glass Exhibit.
Honestly, I could have stayed there all day too! Each piece put a smile on my face.
As I walked back to the market I caught a few fun things.
I love fun advertising!
I stuck with soup and salad but Kath tempted me with amazing chocolate caramels.
After dinner I raced to the airport and flew home overnight arriving at 9 AM ET. It was a long… LONG.. night but it felt great to get home and see the boys.
I made a quick breakfast with my budding photographer….
Then I slept.. and slept and SLEPT! I planned a head and arranged for a baby-sitter.
Pretty smart, huh? :)
The Husband has Tennis on Monday’s so it was just The Kids and I for dinner. I whipped up some Whole Wheat Pasta with Rainbow Chard and White Beans with the veggies from the farm. They picked up our share while I was away.
After dinner? Berries…
and.. ICE CREAM!
I stuck with my favorite Banana Soft Serve combo over a tons of berries and adding just a few sprinkles for fun. :)
Phew. The last 48 hours have a been whirlwind! I don’t think I could have jammed one more thing in. Not one. And I’m so happy I had an extra day in the city. Just so you know, all the pictures above were taken in order and on foot. I didn’t take one cab, bus or train all day except to get to the airport. It was a totally foot powered day. :)
Now I must go to bed. Tomorrow I have lots of potential FitBloggin’ sponsors to get back too. My house is a mess, of course, and there’s a few things I learned at the conference that I want to put into practice on the sites.
I guess you can say it’s back to my crazy reality. :)
Tagged with: BlogHerFood2012
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Taking a Wednesday Weigh-In Moment
- Yippee for Vine on Android!
- What Are You Self-Conscious of?
- A Post-Birthday Father's Day
- Weekend Quote: Explode Beyond Your Limitations
- 3 New Food Finds
- Wednesday Weigh In: 3 Scale-Less Weeks!
- 5 Ways Ditching 'Perfect' has Made Me Happier, Healthier and More Successful
- Scenes from My Low-Key Sensational Sunday
- Weekend Quote: How would your life be different if…
- My Run Streak Continues with a Note About Committing
- Wednesday Weigh In!
- Let's Talk About Trigger Foods
- My Legs. What Legs?
- Avalanches Are Scary
- Weekend Quote: Uncomfortable
- Blog to Book: Musings from My Weight Loss Journey [Kindle Edition]
- A Weight-less Wednesday Weigh In
- Scenes From Our Memorial Monday
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.