- Blog Topics
Yesterday I decided to challenge myself (and you if you want in) on NOT mindlessly snacking this week. My evenings have been ridiculous lately. Baked Dorritos, chocolate goldfish, swiss cake roll, ridiculous.
Part of me is on the natural post-event downer. Now that the Tough Mudder is over I’m not working towards anything. I can’t seem to find my workout motivation. Being sick last week didn’t help either.
My goals right now are to stop the evening mindless munch fests, schedule a few events and create a realistic workout routine to re-establish ME time.
Today I decided to do a photo food journal to help build my momentum.
This morning I made this smoothie and added about a tablespoon of Chia seeds.
They are new to me, never bought them before. Click here to check out Little Bean’s "review."
Lunch was a quick wrap made with The Laughing Cow, deli ham, mustard and baby spinach plus some red bell pepper on the side.
Oh! and my big iced green tea on the side.
The Husband had leftover Chinese. :)
For an afternoon snack I had an apple with some almond butter.
I’m trying to stick with UNproccesed, non-carby snacks.
Dinner was a grilled pork chop and grilled potaotes, peppers, and summer squash. Similiar to this old idea on GreenLiteBites.
I split the bigger chop with both kids (baby ate zip, but I tried.)
After dinner? A nice walk with the boys. :)
After the kids went to bed I had my one allowed snack. Homemade Banana Soft Serve.
I made it with a frozen banana, a handful of frozen blueberries, and some unsweetened cocoa powder.
Now my kitchen is closed and it’s time for bed. I swear, half the reason I eat at night is becuase I’m tired. It’s rarely becuase I’m hungry.
Anyway, a few quick announcements before heading to bed…
- I am working on a list of running events for the next few months I’ll doing. I didn’t officially make it a goal but I’m trying hard to do at least 1 event a month again this year.
- This Thursday I will be recording May’s Ask Roni video LIVE on Spreecast. Stay tuned for more details. I’m still working out some logistics but Thursday, May 24, 1 PM ET is scheduled! I’m going to have company too! MizFit will be joining me as we’ve been considering hosting a monthly show together.
- Only 4 MONTHS until the FitBloggin conference. Things are REALLY pickin up now and the nervousness is setting in. SO much to still do!
ok, sleepytime! :)
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Taking a Wednesday Weigh In Moment
- Yippee for Vine on Android!
- What Are You Self-Conscious of?
- A Post-Birthday Father's Day
- Weekend Quote: Explode Beyond Your Limitations
- 3 New Food Finds
- Wednesday Weigh In: 3 Scale-Less Weeks!
- 5 Ways Ditching 'Perfect' has Made Me Happier, Healthier and More Successful
- Scenes from My Low-Key Sensational Sunday
- Weekend Quote: How would your life be different if…
- My Run Streak Continues with a Note About Committing
- Wednesday Weigh In!
- Let's Talk About Trigger Foods
- My Legs. What Legs?
- Avalanches Are Scary
- Weekend Quote: Uncomfortable
- Blog to Book: Musings from My Weight Loss Journey [Kindle Edition]
- A Weight-less Wednesday Weigh In
- Scenes From Our Memorial Monday
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.