- Blog Topics
Anyway, I thought it would be fun to take you down memory lane in my life. I dug up that picture of myself specifically for this post. It’s the first picture I remember thinking (back then) that I looked fat in. I was 11 going on 12. My relationship with my body was never the same after seeing it. Funny, the things you remember and what sticks with you.
- My parents told me… Honestly, I don’t have any clear memories of my parents telling me anything but my Mom showed me that no matter what happens in life you work for what you want.
- I wanted to grow up to be a… Forensic Pathologist. I love solving mysterious and I’m not easily grossed out. Unfortunately I wasn’t very good at Chemistry.
- I refused to eat… Mushrooms and onion. Both of which I love now.
- My favorite thing to do outside was… Walk. I walked everywhere when I was a kid. Times were different then. Kids were allowed to go places alone. Imagine that!
- I broke my… Little Toe. I swear I did but they couldn’t do anything about it anyway.
- I liked to wear… Pink and then Black. I had a distinct pink stage in my preteen years followed by an I-only-wear-black-and band-t-shirt stage when I turned 14. I’ve never had a sense of style. Ever. lol
- My parents always… Had us eat dinner together. Well, my Mom did. I was raised in a single parent home.
- I thought that Santa was… Fun. I remember not believing but going along with it for my younger brother and cousins.
- My favorite cartoon was… Thundarr the Barbarian.
1994… HA! That’s when I graduated High School.
- I was the… The oldest. The responsible one. The "good girl."
- I got in trouble when… for some stupid reason I shoplifted. I’m still unsure why I did it to this day. I think I was 12. Never did anything that stupid again. –Yes I realize this does not jive with the above. lol
- My bedroom was… rearranged every month. I’d lock myself in my room and just move furniture around. I like to change things up. Still do.
- My favorite food was… PIZZA. I mean. Really.
- My parents always made me… Do my chores before going out with friends. I remember I had to clean the bathroom and mop the kitchen floor before I could go out on the weekends.
- My first crush was… On a boy named Joe in high school. Never thought he knew who I was until college and we are now friends on Facebook.
- My favorite toy was… This little hand held tennis video game I had in the 80s. I’m pretty sure it was this one.
- I thought school was… What it was. It’s hard to explain but I never hated it. I never loved it. It’s just what you did. You went to school.
- My biggest fear was… Hmpf I can’t remember. Nothing is coming to mind. I was really scared of the y2k problem but that wasn’t really when I was a kid.
- My favorite story was… I’m not sure it would be considered a story but I had an odd fascination with Archie Comic books back then.
- My favorite memories… I have a few. I remember one Christmas when my parents where still married (I think I was 8) I was up alone with Mom and she had a special present just for me. It’s was a craft set. I also have fond memories of our family Christmas Eve party every year. I miss those. Then there were the days my Dad would take us out on my Grandfather’s clam boat. We’d come home and cook what we caught and he’d play his guitar. All these make me smile. :)
You’re turn! Take a trip down memory lane with me and share yours on your blog or in the comments. It’s fun!
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!
Subscribe to Roni's Weigh!I'm having subscription problem. While I work things out please click here to Subscribe!
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.