Tough Mudder Training
Week 7

Trucking a along! I’ve updated my training chart.

I love that every Saturday is completely different than the week before. Here’s what we did this past week…

• ~1/3 mile run
  • Carry a picnic table (there were 2 of us – each with a side) from one end of the parking lot to the other with 60 extra pounds on top. Then carry it back minus the weight. wow that was HARD.
  • ~1/3 mile run
  • Picnic table carry again this time no extra weight on the way out but with the extra 60lbs on the way back.
  • ~1/3 mile run
  • This…

then this

Repeat 3 times.

• ~1/3 mile run
  • this…

Then a boxing sequence of punches, knees, kicking and driving with trainer.
    Repeat 3 times.

• ~1/3 mile run

Tonight I ran 8 miles on the trails with a friend and tomorrow morning is BodyPump. I’m seriously in training mode now and I’m loving it. Strong doesn’t begin to describe how I feel physically. It’s more of an overall sense of FIT. I just feel fit, in shape and balanced.

In other news…

workout mommy

April 9, 2012

oh I’m so jealous, I wish I could train with you!! I’m doing the warrior dash in May and well….I’m screwed! :(

Crystal

April 9, 2012

I finally just watched the video of the tough mudder and all I have to say is…holy shit you are a brave woman.

Valerie

April 9, 2012

I keep saying it… I wanna be like you when I grow up. Man oh man!!! That looks TOUGH! Are you finding that you’re more sore than before? Do you feel like you’re working your muscles more this way or more doing a more traditional gym workout with free weights? Do you feel like you have more stamina and endurance now?

Angela

April 10, 2012

My friend teaches BodyPump so I have done it a few times. It always leaves me sore for days! You are definitely an inspiration to push myself harder.

April 10, 2012

Valerie – Naaa you want to be like YOU when you grow up. I have too much baggage. ;)

To answer your questions..

Are you finding that you’re more sore than before?

Nope. Less. The only thing that’s made me sore in the last few weeks were sprints I ran last Wednesday. I felt those in my quads for DAYS!

Ummm I’m not sure. I like that I do this alongside traditional weight training (I take BodyBump 2x week.) These workouts are more fun for me and I like that they are back to basics in a way.

Do you feel like you have more stamina and endurance now?

OMG YES! I ran 8 miles last night like it was nothing. I moved furniture around my house without batting an eye. I think that’s what I like most about being in shape. I feel like I can really do anything! Within in reason of course. ;) lol

Your training is amazing! Did you get any funny looks carrying the picnic table? I’m trying to think of how that must’ve looked to non-exercisers. HA!

April 10, 2012

OMG we ALWAYS get funny looks. lol

Tina

April 10, 2012

This always looks inspiring and I wish we had mudder training in my city! Roni, your legs look killer! I want legs like that!!! You definitely look strong and fit, totally amazing. I was showing your training videos to my sister and she was saying “that girl has STRENGTH”! I’m just getting back into working out by walking, but boy does it ever clear my head and make me feel good.

April 10, 2012

Make up your own! I just happen to find 2 other people crazy enough to help me with the training in my area. lol

Roz@weightingfor50

April 10, 2012

You are superwoman!!! I want to make you a cape! :)

Laura

April 10, 2012

Well, not only do you evidently feel fit, but you look fit! Seriously, I never realized until I watched those videos just how fit you were. You look like one of those girls that has been working out since she was in college. Kudos to you!

spinmethin

April 10, 2012

Whoooooooboy that looks tough. I know a few people who have done the tough mudder and it is so hard but also it’s like a huge party. I’ll likely never do that one but I’m hoping to do a Warrior Dash, Dirty Girl Mud Run and Zombie 5K in the next couple of years. I have my second 7k coming up in a week and a half but I want to start getting into these wacko obstacle ones!

Marissa

April 10, 2012

You, my friend;-), are a-m-a-z-i-n-g. Such an inspiration as always!

ana Myre

April 11, 2012

WOWWWW you go girl!!!

amanda

April 11, 2012

you make me wanna go for a run and i cant even run!