Ahh another post from Chris that makes me feel OLD!
This month in the gym, radio hits ruled. Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry, and Madonna all released singles destined for workout playlist glory. But, it’s not just pop divas who prevailed. Carrie Underwood’s latest retains a few country touches. Skrillex and Sirah cranked out a boisterous dubstep anthem. And, although most hip-hop is too slow to make the cut, J. Cole’s aptly-titled “Work Out” proved to be an exception.
Here’s the full list, according to votes placed at
Run Hundred–the web’s most popular workout music site.
- Katy Perry – Part Of Me – 128 BPM
- Nicki Minaj – Starships – 123 BPM
- J. Cole – Work Out – 93 BPM
- Madonna – Girl Gone Wild – 133 BPM
- Skrillex & Sirah – Bangarang – 109 BPM
- Carrie Underwood – Good Girl – 130 BPM
- Chris Brown – Turn Up The Music – 131 BPM
- Carly Rae Jepsen – Call Me Maybe – 120 BPM
- One Direction – What Makes You Beautiful – 124 BPM
- Far East Movement & Justin Bieber – Live My Life – 129 BPM
To find more workout songs–and hear next month’s contenders—folks can check out the free database at RunHundred.com. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era—to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.
What’s on your iPod this month?