GOPRO

Ocean City Half Marathon/
Anniversary Weekend Recap

………………………….

I had the BEST. WEEKEND. EVER!!

Friday afternoon The Husband and I embarked on our 11th Anniversary weekend getaway to Ocean City, MD where I was registered to run a half marathon with my friend’s husband Bobby.

Here we are waiting at the start.

Ocean City Half Marathon

It was Bobby’s first Half but don’t let that fool you. He flew by me after mile 4 and demolished my time by almost 20 minutes.

Darn boys and their natural speed. lol

ocean city half medals

Here’s the video recap… Shaky again.. just be warned.

In case you don’t want to watch the whole thing here’s the last frame that shows my results.

ocean city haltf marathon results

That’s my best time ever! I’ve run 4 halves now…

05/2009 Zooma Half – 2:07:57 (First one!)

05/2010 Pittsburgh Half Marathon – 2:26:38 (Didn’t train for)

09/2011 Rock and Roll Half – 2:18:12 (Little Bean’s 6 month birthday!)

04/2012 Ocean City Half – 2:07:49

I may set a personal goal of running one under 2:00. That would be awesome!

After the run we threw our bathing suits on and hopped in the hotel’s indoor pool. It was so fun and relaxing. Other mom’s will totally understand this. Once you have kids you rarely get to swim in a pool without them. Scratch that, you rarely get to swim. It was pure joy. :)

Saturday night the four of us went out to dinner. Bobby was so sweet to surprise us with this…

Then is was off to Fagers Island!

There were "fingers"… (No, not that one. ;)

photobombs..

and just plain silliness.

Did I mention alcohol was involved. Umm yea.. a lot of alcohol. lol

We had a BLAST! Best night out in a long time.

Today we had breakfast and walked the boards. I can’t go to the beach without walking the boardwalk. It’s just not possible.

Little did I know it was the Maryland International Kite Expo!

They were gorgeous! I took some fun videos of them. Hoping to get one up on Poop Butterflies this week but right now I need sleep! Having fun takes a lot out of you! ;)

Hope you have a great weekend too!

Jonathan Greene

April 30, 2012

Yeah! Congrats on that personal best. I could probably run a half marathon….if I were being chased…..by brain eating zombies…..I digress. Congrats on the anniversary too.

Amilja

April 30, 2012

It was so fun to watch the video. What a beatiful marathon route. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend. Great!

Heather

April 30, 2012

Great time, Roni! You’re a natural beauty – you look gorgeous waiting to start the race.

shauna

April 30, 2012

Congratulations Roni! And such an awesome finish time, woohoo! The rest of the weekend looked great, hehe.

Lisa

April 30, 2012

Hi Roni! Wonderful race recap; I’m so happy for you. What training program did you use for the half? I’ve only run one on my own, once, and have signed up to do my first official half marathon. I’m curious as to what program you used. You had an excellent pace!

mandi

April 30, 2012

Congrats…on your Anniversary and your PR! The route looked beautiful…so scenic! The traffic, however, did worry me a bit! You could so do 2 hours or less…that is my goal for the Virginia Beach Rock n Roll Half in September! Again…Congrats on an awesome run!

Jamie

April 30, 2012

Congrats on completing your 4th and best half marathon.A goal of mine is to do 1. How did you train for your first one?

Teresa

April 30, 2012

Congrats on your PR!! I did the Iron Girl Half in Columbia and set a PR too!! Love the video:)

What a wonderful weekend! Thanks so much for taking us along on the run. It’s probably the closest I’ll ever get to it! HA! Did you hand hold the GoPro the whole time or did you use a chest or head mount?

April 30, 2012

Lisa – I didn’t really train specifically for the half. I’m training for the tough mudder… http://ronisweigh.com/2012/02/what-did-i-do.html and just made sure to get 1 long run in a week.

That being said I have the old half training programs I’ve used. I also made my own based on Hal Higdon. Here’s the posts…

And this is my old full marathon training where I ran my first half..

Hope that helps!

April 30, 2012

Jaime – I did my first while training for the full marathon. This post with a my half training schedule and workout history may help…

Shannon

April 30, 2012

Congrats! That’s an awesome time for the half! I was there, too — ran the 5K. I’ve run a lot of 5Ks but this was the first one I ran completely (no walking). Maybe next year, I’ll attempt the half.

Jenn@slim-shoppin

April 30, 2012

Yeah – that’s awesome! I had a great weekend too – I recapped my half too. And since I’m a slow runner, I took pictures along the way!

Great time!! And Happy Anniversary!!

Amy

April 30, 2012

Roni, as someone who is pretty new to running, I am LOVING the videos on your GoPro….thank you so much for taking the time and effort to do them. I have run 5 5Ks but after watching this, I might just go for broke and do the 10K I have been putting off….thanks for the inspiration!

Lori

April 30, 2012

CONGRATS!!!! You once again just inspired me to get my butt out there for a run. I did a walk this morn taking the kids to school and my allergies are crazy and I was thinking of skipping but your video made me WANT to go!

April 30, 2012

I just carried it again. Still haven’t figured out how the heck I’m going to do it at the Tough Mudder. :(

Rene

Roni,

It looks like you had so much fun! Congrats on the race.

Tina

April 30, 2012

omg CONGRATULATIONS Roni!!! That entire weekend looked fabulous! So happy for you. You’re truly an inspiration. Off topic, would you mind sharing what your daily skin care routine is? You’re always fresh-faced and no wrinkles. Looking so young! I’m in my early 30s and already see fine lines (and a few white hairs!) starting

dawn

April 30, 2012

Way to go on your new time and on your 11th anniversary :) Sounds like a terrific weekend :) I just love Ocean City and I too can’t go without getting in at least one walk on the boardwalk :)

Wow, great job on the PR!!! :) I think we definitely could run together if I were coming to BH this year (probably not) :(

Margee

April 30, 2012

I want to go to a kite festival. That sounds like so much fun. Congrats on your best time yet!

tj

April 30, 2012

Looks like you had lots of fun! Happy Anniversary! :)

amanda

April 30, 2012

WOW you amaze me! I have a goal to run a half marathon in 2013. Is that possible to go from not running to being able to run a half marathon in a year??? I could use any advice you can give me!

Emily

April 30, 2012

Happy anniversary and congratulations on that awesome run. You continue to be an inspiration to me. Thanks for all you do.

Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me

May 1, 2012

That sounds like you had an awesome weekend. Happy Anniversary again and CONGRATS on a great race!

May 1, 2012

ohhh Tina, the wrinkles are there! I promise. I don’t really have a routine. I wash with a cheap target gel wash. I wear minimal makeup (always have) just some bare minerals. I also don’t use a lot of moisturizers like everyone says. I subscribe to the less is more philosophy over all.

Thanks for the compliment! I’ve been feeling like my face is aging quite a bit lately.

May 1, 2012

Amanda – It is MORE than possible! I started running in 2008 by the end of 2009 I ran a marathon. It’s amazing what you can do when you stick with it. I’m still shocked by my progress 4 years later. Target a race you want to run then research a few training plans and set a schedule that works for you. That always helps me stick with the training.

Tina

May 1, 2012

Ahhh.. yes, minimal makeup. I gotta start doing that. I tend to wear a lot and sometimes fall asleep without removing it (EEK! So bad for the skin, I know.)
    And I tend to moisterize like crazy.

Amy @ A Little Nosh

May 1, 2012

First I got emotional over Teach Mama’s post about teaching your kids to care for the environment, now I’m blubbering like a baby from your video. I’m just so damn proud of you. You’re freaking awesome, Roni.