Scale reading today was just that, a reading. I just wanted to take a moment to clarify a few things…
- I’m not actively trying to lose weight. I’m not dieting, counting points or only eating certain foods. I’m simply trying to make conscious healthy choices and eat when hungry instead of out of boredom, stress or sadness.
- I also don’t exercise for the sole purpose of burning calories. I workout because I want to. It helps me feel strong and confident. Frankly, I feel better when I move more even though sometimes it’s hard to walk out that door and make it happen.
- I still have some body image issues. It’s true. I’m not going to lie about it. There are days I look in the mirror and I feel confident, natural in my skin. Other days I’m self-conscious and uncomfortable. I’ve come to the conclusion this will never fully be resolved. At least I have the negative inner voice down to a whisper instead of screaming through a megaphone.
All that being said, I will continue to weight in for a few reasons…
- I’m curious. As someone who’s seen everything from 135 to 225 on a scale I can’t help it, the number intrigues me.
- I need a little accountability. I know myself and this is where I am right now.
- I’m documenting. That’s what bloggers do. We document. At least that’s what I do as a blogger. I like that I can look back at points in my life and read what I was thinking, see what I was wearing and yes, know what I weighed.
- I’m disconnecting from the number. When you take a picture of your scale and show it publicly it’s a little scary at first. Then you start to realize… it’s only a stupid number on a stupid scale. :)