- Blog Topics
That’s my neck up there. Aren’t X-rays cool?!?
I had to go to the doctors after throwing my back out AGAIN. I simply moved the wrong way last night and fell to my knees in pain.
I’ve had back and neck issue for some time now, having maybe 1 or 2 spasms a year, but this time is different. This time the pain is unbearable. I’ve been up since 4AM trying to find a position that eases the pain a little. This morning I could barely wash my hair or get dressed as raising my arms above my head sent shooting pains to my back. I can’t look left, right, up or down and picking up Little Bean is near impossible :(
So this morning I headed to the Urgent Care center and got that x-ray. The Doctor told me I have degeneration in c5, c6, and c7. He sounded pretty serious and actually said at one point, "I don’t want to sugar coat it, you have a lot of damage."
For Pete’s sake, I’m only 35 years old!
He prescribed me a muscle relaxer, steroids and pain medication. Oh and this lovely contraption..
I asked him about my workouts and he said the best thing I could do for myself is staying active ONCE I recover from this episode. He said running and weight training (my 2 favorites) were both fine but I need to avoid things like squats with the bar across my back (something I do a lot) and anything that causes stress on my neck and upper back.
You guys may think I’m crazy but "resting" actually makes me feel worse. I start to seize up and get real stiff. I feel best when walking. So that’s what I did after leaving the doctors today. It took me about an hour to walk 2 miles. I really enjoyed it. The weather is still mild here in the North East and it was nice to be outside with nothing but my thoughts.
Ok, that’s all I have. Not sure how much longer I can keep my eyes open with this muscle relaxer. I’m just hoping I can sleep through the night.
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
- Weekend Quote: Comfort Zone
- This Just in...
- A Post-Vacation Weigh In
- 20 Fun Yogurt Topping Ideas
- Home on this Sensational Sunday!
- Weekend Quote: Missing Happiness
- Running on Vacation
- A Pre-Vacation Wednesday Weigh In
- So, You Want to Run a Tough Mudder?
- What a Weekend!
- Weekend Quote: Right Not To Care
- Note to Self...
- Wednesday Weigh In: Just 1 Variable
- Ask Roni: Movie Snacks, Paleo, Finding Time, Maintenance, My Inspiration.
- Post Event Blah
- 2 Days-2 Tough Mudders-2 Minutes
- Women, Men and Beauty. I needed a good laugh.
- Does Anyone Mind if I Just Let My Brain Dump?
- Wednesday Weigh In: GOOOOOAAAAALLLL!
- My Heart Hurts
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.