I’m in need of a chatty post. One where I just brain dump because I’m feeling all over the place.
The holiday break was totally awesome, but I fear my return to normalcy as I’m not quite sure what normal is. Working from home with baby is getting harder as he gets older and with the New Year comes more work. All fun stuff I want to be doing (the conference, a book idea, etc) but somehow I need to find time to focus and balance everything.
It helps to remind myself how lucky I am to work on things I love. I just need to take a deep breath and do what I can when I can.
The baby woke up early again. I think his schedule is slightly shifting. Meaning my early morning workouts on Tuesdays and Thursdays may be out. :( So after breakfast while everyone else was sleeping and baby was playing next to me on the floor, I got a post done for Baby’s First Year, updated my FAQs and cleared a few messages from my inbox.
Then when the husband got up we took down the tree.
I know for some of you it may seem early. When I was a kid we’d have it up for weeks after Christmas but honestly, I need it gone. Every day I see it after Christmas it’s a reminder that the holidays are over. It’s back to reality and there’s this big to-do that needs to be checked off and cleaned up. I just can’t seem to get motivated or organized staring at a post-Christmas Christmas tree!
I was happy to see it go, but Little Bean seemed so sad watching us take it down.
With the tree put away the family headed out for one last vacation outing. Little Guy needed a hair cut and the husband wanted lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings. WHO, by the way, totally screwed me on a salad for lunch! I ordered the Honey BBQ Chicken Salad thinking it was a good choice with no croutons and grilled chicken. The rest of the salad is some greens, tomatoes and a little cheese. How bad could it be?
Well according to everything I found online, 733 calories and 38g of fat bad!
For a SALAD?!?
I calculated it at 17 points. Excessive for any one meal, especially a salad.
But what am I gonna do? I counted it and moved on. I have one more day to track this week. Click here to see my food journal so far. I almost used all my weekly points, but I’m not tracking Activity so it’s probably a wash.
I will weigh in on Wednesday but I won’t know if I lost this week as I didn’t weigh in last Wednesday. I just didn’t want to see the post-Christmas binge number and get depressed so I forged forward blindly. Best thing I could have done. I’ve been totally motivated. Especially in exercise department! I’ve been kicking butt on moving my butt!
Today I ran to the gym (it’s just over a mile away) and took yoga and then ran home. It was awesome and I’m going to do my best to take a yoga class once a week. My other goals are 2 BodyPump classes (weights,) 1 Body Combat class (cardio,) and at least one longer run (3+ miles) a week. I know it sounds like a lot, but I love every minute of it. It truly is the only time I have to myself. When I’m home (which is ALL THE TIME) I’m either cooking, cleaning, entertaining a 9 month old or helping a 6 year old with homework. I want to get out for an hour a day. Heck, I NEED to get out for an hour a day!
OK I feel like I’m "talking" your ear off. Let me close with a bullet list. It helps me figure out what I’ve done and where I need to go. Plus I have some fun announcements. Let me start with those…
- Does anyone remember the Shape 2011 Blogger Awards? Well not only did I win Favorite Weight Loss Blog, but I won best overall! I don’t have all the details yet but it looks like I’ll be doing a video shoot with them. I found out before the holidays but couldn’t announce right away. More details soon!
- My second fun announcement…. I’ve been featured in a new book! It’s called How We Did It: Weight Loss Choices that Will Work for YOU. It’s a compilation of Weight Loss Success stories and yup, you guessed it, how they did it. I received my copy in the mail a few days ago and was shocked! I thought the project was put on hold. Anyway, click here to check it out on Amazon. It’s a great book and I’m honored to be in it.
- You may have missed it but I actually recorded a video recently on GreenLiteBites. Little Guy, Little Bean and I taste test parsnips. It was so fun! I’m hoping to get my video groove back. I miss them. Also on GreenLiteBites a new fun fennel salad idea.
- I’ve been slacking in the BlogToLose department. Before the holidays I hosted a few chats and I want to continue with them, but finding a time that works is challenging. I’m hoping to bring someone on board to lead a few. If you are interested let me know.
- FitBloggin’ is full steam ahead. Tickets will be on sale before the end of the month and I will be announcing our first sponsors shortly!
- I’ve been sharing some Little Bean updates on Baby’s First Year. Most recently his New Year’s Eve feast and nap signs. I also posted 12 of my favorite family photos from 2011 for an end of year wrap up.
- Blogs that have NO action for weeks… RoniNoone.com — I’ve been too busy blogging to blog about blogging if you know what I mean, and PoopButterfies.com – I just haven’t been inspired lately. PoopButterflies is my creative outlet so it will naturally ebb and flow.
Ok, I think that’s it. Brain dump complete. Thanks for reading if you made it this far!