- Blog Topics
I have to thank you guys. When I first started these Sensational Sunday posts the idea was simply to share how I prepare for the week. It was about starting fresh, being active and putting any weekend craziness behind me.
However, over the last 5 years (yes, that’s how long I’ve been doing them!) they’ve evolved into these photo driven journals mostly because of your feedback, and I love it! I love waking up on a Sunday morning, grabbing my camera and trying to capture the essence of the day. I can’t explain why, but it’s fun and motivating. Not to mention, I’m capturing family moments I otherwise wouldn’t.
Thank you for the inspiration.
Now on to the photos!
I woke up to find Little Guy watching Power Rangers on the iPad.
He was mimicking the karate moves.
We checked in at our new Command Center.
And planned out the day.
First up, chores.
Look how TALL he is on the stool. I remember when he needed it just to reach the counter.
(note: We made Banana Pancake Waffles while sharing some oranges and yogurt.)
More chores. Little Guy’s room was a disaster zone!
Not that I could talk…
I kind of let my room go these past few weeks. It was seriously time to clean up.
By mid-morning I was ready for a snack.
I’m not sure when I turned into someone who grabs a bowl kale out of the fridge to snack on but that’s what I did, and it was fantastic! (click here for my Raw Kale Salad with Feta and Dried Cranberries)
Time for "me time!" I decided instead of hitting the gym I’d treat myself to a pedicure.
Looks like going with Ravens purple may have been a bad move. ;)
Soon it was time for Little Guy’s soccer game.
So much fun watching him out there!
Little Bean had fun too, eating his lunch. :)
Afterwards the boys wanted McDonald’s for lunch but I wasn’t game. So we hit a drive-thru and brought it home…
I stuck with leftovers.
Last night I whipped up BBQ Chicken Pasta. The boys both loved it! I’ll have to make again to post on GreenLiteBites.
With the rooms now clean…
we made some Kale chips for the Raven’s game.
Seriously, I’m just a kale FREAK anymore. It’s in season right now and I can get loads super cheap at a local farm.
Kitchen is now clean!
Living room is not.
A little half time stroll.
It was a nail biter!
I went all out for dinner…
A little Beer Can chicken cures all.
Little Bean fits right into our asparagus loving family.
After dinner I boiled up a little stock.
I can’t waste chicken bones. I just can’t. Planning some classic chicken noodle soup tomorrow.
I also boiled a bunch of eggs for the week.
I am prepared!
The day ended with my "wine." A shot of Irish Cream in hot cocoa.
Is it wrong to use a Diego cup? ;)
In other news…
- I have collected 15 of the funniest baby faces on the internet. You have to check it out. Will totally make you smile.
- My baby has been pinching me.
- I posted a new video on GreenLiteBites, Egg Muffin.
- Little Guy decided to change the Star Wars plot.
That’s it. That’s all I’ve got. Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
- Weekend Quote: Comfort Zone
- This Just in...
- A Post-Vacation Weigh In
- 20 Fun Yogurt Topping Ideas
- Home on this Sensational Sunday!
- Weekend Quote: Missing Happiness
- Running on Vacation
- A Pre-Vacation Wednesday Weigh In
- So, You Want to Run a Tough Mudder?
- What a Weekend!
- Weekend Quote: Right Not To Care
- Note to Self...
- Wednesday Weigh In: Just 1 Variable
- Ask Roni: Movie Snacks, Paleo, Finding Time, Maintenance, My Inspiration.
- Post Event Blah
- 2 Days-2 Tough Mudders-2 Minutes
- Women, Men and Beauty. I needed a good laugh.
- Does Anyone Mind if I Just Let My Brain Dump?
- Wednesday Weigh In: GOOOOOAAAAALLLL!
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.