“We run because we can.”

My Friend Carrie sent me this quote. It almost brought me to tears…

When my children were young, I ran for my sanity, I ran for myself, I ran to set a good example because they watched me move. Today they move alongside me. We run because we can. – Kristin Armstrong, Author and runner

He was there to cheer me on when I first started running.

He was there for my first 5k.

He was there the first time I ran 10 miles.

He was there when I ran the marathon.

He was with me this New Years

He truly is my inspiration turned workout partner

Now he has a little brother.

Who started even younger.

And I’m proud of that.

Other news today…

Georgia

August 19, 2011

Roni, I’ve been following you for awhile and now we’re in a similar stage- I would loooove any help you could give. I’m a first time mom (baby is 5 weeks old now) and I’m exclusively breastfeeding… how in the world are you managing to breast feed and losing weight? I’m scared to hurt my milk supply. I’m shocked to think that I would rather even stay 30 pounds heavier than hurt my milk… but I also HATE squeezing into maternity clothes. I read a million different things online but you’re like the “friend” I can trust. What in the world are you doing that’s working?!
    So many thanks,
    Georgia

elaine

August 19, 2011

You need to add that picture of you wearing that shirt saying you are running for two! Baby boy started running with you well before the stroller picture!

August 19, 2011

Georgia – You have to do what you feel comfortable with. With my first I started Weight Watchers nursing plan when he was 2 weeks. I never had an issue with losing weight and milk supply, but again, that was me.

This time around I’m not doing anything special, just eating a little less, watching portions and exercising. Again, not noticing any issues with supply. I’m very lucky in the milk producing department.

Sorry – I don’t have a magic answer as I don’t think it’s a once size fit all thing. You have to test and learn your own body.

August 19, 2011

Elaine – I SHOULD! Thanks!!

Tina

August 19, 2011

Oh I love this post and each photo in it!!! I’m just getting back into running myself. Very slowly though, only doing 3km to start. I’ll make my way to a 10km by this fall/winter. I was never athletic as a kid but I truly enjoy running now that I’m an adult. Makes me feel good inside and out.

That second photo of Ryan’s arms stretched out to give you a great big hug at the end of your race is PRECIOUS.

August 19, 2011

Tina – it is a link. There are more pictures. I’ll never forget that day. :)

Patty @ A Day in My NYC

August 19, 2011

How amazing! Okay I’m going to cry too. Just a beautiful post :)

Lauren @ Lettuce Eat Cake

August 19, 2011

This is an amazingly beautiful post, Roni! I hope you share it with your boys someday when they’re grown up and running beside you!

Emily

August 20, 2011

Hi Roni!
    I found your blog yesterday and I love all your posts and your story!! I want to lose 20 pounds and I am grateful for your example and story. I am inspired by your hardwork! Just wanted to say “Thank you!!” and I will be reading your blog a lot! :)

swolsky

August 21, 2011

At the gym this morning running on the treadmill the little tv was on when a Folgers coffee commercial came on. The mom was a runner and her daughter jumped in at the end of the race and ran with her mom over the finish line. I immediately thought of you and Ryan. Got a little teary over that one. Thanks for all your inspiration.

Amanda

August 21, 2011

This post made me cry. Such a good story for you to share!!

Melissa

August 21, 2011

Ok that made me all teary eyed:)

Lori

August 22, 2011

I agree with those above that this made me teary eyed. LOVE!