Weekend Quote: What a Ride!

I saw this quote on a friend’s Facebook page and fell in love with it…

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skin in sideways, chocolate in hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “WOO HOO what a ride!”

I’m home from vacation. I enjoyed every moment, every slice of pizza, every ice cream cone, every beer, every french fry. I walked. I ran. I played paddle ball and frisbee, rode rides, walked the boardwalk, flew kites and dove into waves with my 6 year old.

I have no regrets.

Sabrina

July 24, 2011

Roni, you are the best!!! Your honesty, stick to it attitude and genuine LOVE for your family comes through in all of your posts. Keep up the great work!!! Find something you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life…now where did I read that???

Mandi

July 24, 2011

Love the quote! Hope you don’t mind if I steal it…it is too good not to share! :)

Nicole

July 24, 2011

Good for you! You’ll never regret moments like this. They will be etched in your mind…forever. This is the good stuff in life and enjoying it is what matters most!

Kate

July 24, 2011

I believe that quote is originally from the late, great George Carlin. Its been one of my favorites for years!

July 24, 2011

Is it George Carlin?!? I was digging but couldn’t find anything. He’s one of my favorites and now that you say it it sounds so like him!

Allison

July 24, 2011

Hi, so glad to hear you’ve enjoyed your vacation with your beautiful family. If you don’t mind, I have a breastfeeding question as I see you are nursing and I plan to as well (8 mths pg!) Do you know what the “rules” are for alcohol and nursing? Do you have to wait a certain amount of time after you have a beer to nurse? I tried to look on La Leche but didn’t see it under FAQ. Thanks!

July 24, 2011

Allison – Everything in moderation! Here’s the write up at LLL

Nadine

July 24, 2011

YES! Everything in moderation, absolutely, 100% true!

Rebel In Ontario

July 26, 2011

LOVE IT! And I’m with ya, I would rather enjoy pizza with my kids, swimming in the lake with them and doing new and fun things together than worrying about how much I weight or if my butt is showing a little too much in my suit this year!

KATIE

July 27, 2011

Love that quote!! soooo me! Glad you reminded me of that thought today! Its about having fun during this journey :)