I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately.
There are times I feel guilty.
- Not being able to do something a friend asked because I’m busy that day.
- Leaving the kids with Dad when I want to go running.
- Wishing I lived closer to my parents so I can help out more.
There are times I feel fat.
- Trying on clothes with a skinny friend.
- Reading fitness magazines.
- Seeing a real fit, confident person stroll by me.
There are times I feel old.
- Talking to anyone under the age of 30.
- Strolling by a group of teenagers at the mall.
- Watching an old movie or not knowing the latest popular band.
These are just a few examples to give you an idea. I can come up with more, and I’m sure you could add to the list.
But here’s the deal, the other person in all of these situations (the friend, the model in a magazine, Mom, etc.) can’t MAKE me feel anything.
They are simply uncovering some internal issue I have.
If you are confident in your decisions, if you own your age, your body, your choices…
No one can make you feel anything. Not guilt. Not Fat. Not Old. Not ANYTHING.