STOP! just for a second and look around. What are you grateful for at this very moment?
The responses were heartfelt.
- Heather said, "My toddler is currently making me flashcards to help me study for my chemistry exam."
- Ann, "Healthy, happy family!"
- Amber added, "My family! They always find a way to make me smile."
- Carla had a double, "That my legs just took me up Half Dome for the second time! Also that my husband, 120lbs lighter was able to do it with me."
- And one of my favorites by Noli, "Everything!!!!!! :)"
I could go on and on. They all put a smile on my face.
But there was one thing I noticed about each and every response. Not one was about how they looked or what kind of body they had. I’m going to guess that very few people, even ones we may think are all skinny and perfect, are overly grateful for their physical traits.
Sure you may say things like, "I love my straight hair" or "Thank God I’m tall."
But when someone asks you what you are truly grateful for, the physical things aren’t what first come to mind. Are they?
Because guess what..
They don’t matter as much as we think they do.
So… STOP! And think about it.
What are you grateful for at this very moment?