- Blog Topics
I know not everyone knows of or shops there, but I LOVE Aldi’s! They don’t have many of the traditional products the husband wants but for your basic pantry stock–canned goods, pasta, condiments, and even frozen meats–their prices can’t be beat. I like to go at least every month or so and it helps me reduce my overall monthly grocery bills.
They have a brand called Fit & Active. I’m not a fan of all the products in the line as they are mostly "light" but not necessarily "heathy". However, there are some fabulous choices like the whole wheat pastas, the canned and dried fruit, the yogurts, the jellies, the lean meats and now these new frozen fruit bars!
OMG.. SO GOOD!
There are only 58 calories with no fat and 1g of fiber (carbs 16g & protien 1g) That comes out to 1 old WWP and 2 new WWPP.
Even the ingredient list isn’t that bad. Here’s the blueberry raspberry flavor..
Blueberries, Raspberries, water, sugar, natural flavors, corn syrup, purple carrot juice, guar pectin, locust bean gum, citric and absorbic acid.
So yeah, there’s some corn syrup but that’s not a deal breaker for me. It’s pretty low on the list compared to other ice cream treats I’ve seen and I’m just not that obsessive about it.
Anyway, just wanted to share in case there are some other Aldi heads out there. If you are new to Aldi I have video and shopping list of the items I like to get there.
Here’s the food journal for today…
I started my day with a quick cheeseless western omelet.
2 eggs, onion, peppers, and ham. By Far my fav!
Then I hit the leftover sushi from last nights dinner.
and paired it with a bowl of Manhattan Clam chowder…
Then I ran! I don’t have a pic of the graph… haven’t had time to sync it yet but I ran to Little Guys School for a Mother’s Day party! It was so fun. We had strawberries and animal crackers. Well, I stuck with strawberries.
Afterwards we walked home and stopped off at Rita’s for a kids sized Italian Ice.
For Dinner, we came *this* close to going out as I had nothing defrosted and frankly, the kitchen was still a mess from 2 nights ago. But I decided it would be better to whip something up instead. So I cracked open a can of beans and pulled some broccoli and chicken tenders from the freezer. Then I literally threw everything in the oven while I nursed and bathed the baby.
1/2 our later we were eating this…
It ended up being a family pleaser!
Later we watched a movie and I had one of those berry ice cream bars.
That was my day in food! :) Now I’m off to take a quick shower and watch the season finally of Fringe!
Gotsta go! ;)
Full Disclosure: I am in no way related or associated with Aldi’s. Just a fan.
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Yippee for Vine on Android!
- What Are You Self-Conscious of?
- A Post-Birthday Father's Day
- Weekend Quote: Explode Beyond Your Limitations
- 3 New Food Finds
- Wednesday Weigh In: 3 Scale-Less Weeks!
- 5 Ways Ditching 'Perfect' has Made Me Happier, Healthier and More Successful
- Scenes from My Low-Key Sensational Sunday
- Weekend Quote: How would your life be different if…
- My Run Streak Continues with a Note About Committing
- Wednesday Weigh In!
- Let's Talk About Trigger Foods
- My Legs. What Legs?
- Avalanches Are Scary
- Weekend Quote: Uncomfortable
- Blog to Book: Musings from My Weight Loss Journey [Kindle Edition]
- A Weight-less Wednesday Weigh In
- Scenes From Our Memorial Monday
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
- Weekend Quote: Comfort Zone
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.