FOOD JOURNALS

My Return to Weight Watchers!

My day started like most, with a nice big glass of water.

Since I’m nursing I’m really making an effort to up the water intake. It’s easy to get dehydrated.

I didn’t have time to have breakfast while Little Man was eating so after I got him on the bus I made myself a feast.

A 2 egg omelet with onion, peppers, ham and spinach with a side of GRAPEFRUIT! I seriously can’t get enough grapefruit anymore. They’ve just been SO good. After breakfast I cleaned up a bit and got ready for the big weigh in at Weight Watchers.

I grabbed a banana to hold me over.

The meeting went well! I purposefully went out of my way to find a meeting time with a leader I like. I weighed in and stayed afterwards for the PointsPlus informative session. I’m trying REAL hard to embrace the new plan. The least I can do is give it a chance, right?

My weight was what it was. I’m trying real hard to not even focus on it. I’m 30 lbs over my goal weight and 35 over my "happy weight." This makes total sense as I gained 50 with the pregnancy. I dropped 20 after delivering which I think is pretty normal.

To help me put it in perspective I’m 30lbs less than my highest weight. Again, it is what it is. I can cry and get depressed about it or I can move forward. I choose forward. :)

After the meeting Little Bean had his doctors appointment. I’m happy to say he’s gaining weight! On his 2 week birthday he’s weight is back up and actually more than his birth weight which is great! and gives me more confidence on the nursing front.

The Husband then asked if I wanted to go out to lunch. OF COURSE on the day I return to Weight Watchers. Ugh! But it wasn’t that big of a deal. I settled on some Miso Soup.

and sushi.

It was AWESOME! I’ve been craving some tuna rolls.

Once we got back I took a nap with Little Bean. This is becoming a nice afternoon habit. We cuddle on the couch and dose off until Ryan gets off the bus.

When I woke up I decided on a snack before before dinner.

Then I strapped on the little bean while cleaning up and making dinner.

I bought the Original Sleepy Wrap Baby Carrier and I couldn’t be happier with it! I always wore Ryan too but normally in those back back style carriers. Little Bean is WAY to small for them so this has been great.

Dinner was Beer Can Chicken, potatoes and broccoli. It was a FEAST!

I don’t know why I fear cooking whole chicken. They really are easy and taste SO much better!

Later I wanted something I could just grap and settled on this.

Very tasty!

Here’s the the first of my new progression pics. I’m planning on taking pics once a month like I did the first time.

I could be telling you SO much more but I have to get some sleep. I just really wanted to journal my day 1 as I figure out a new routine for myself.

My daily points target is 29 plus I get an extra 14 for nursing. That’s a total of 43. I was 2 points shy today but I’m not going to eat for eating sake. I’m totally satisfied at the moment. Especially after my pretzels. :)

Morning Weigh In: 176.4 — Official Weekly Weigh In: 178.8
sweet potato 4
1/2 white potato 2
broccoli 0
Granola Bar 4
1 serving (yes I weighed) of pretzels 3
Total
Conscious Activity: None. :( It was too cold and raining to take baby on our morning walk.

Note: The morning weigh in is my scale at home. Official is Weight Watchers’.

Lexy

March 31, 2011

Super excited for you! :)
    You’re gonna do great!

sarahc

March 31, 2011

Thanks for so much for sharing this, Roni, especially all the photos. I’ve enjoying following your blog the past couple of years and I appreciate your honesty and willingness to share-it’s pretty gosh darn inspirational!

Tara

March 31, 2011

OK, so let me just say that I have been loving grapefruit, I desperately miss sushi (I’m 8.5+ months pregnant) and I think that you look amazing for someone who just gave birth!

So, I have a dumb question: can I eat sushi again while I’m nursing?

Ana Myre

April 1, 2011

Congratulations on your first day back!!! you are an example. you could have the perfect excuse to not loose weight, but only a few weeks after giving birth and you are already making a move!!! thank you for getting all of us motivated!!!

Ana Myre

April 1, 2011

OMG, maybe this will help compare your pictures of after giving Birth to Ryan and now, huge difference, you go girl!!!

Tiger G

April 1, 2011

Ok, ok, ok. Fine. You’ve convinced me to go back to WW. I bought the membership the day I got out of the hospital after a c-section, but have had a hard time wanting to accept change with WW and finding a meeting I like. I’ve got about double the weight to lose, but this should be fun to see someone going through the same thing. Congrats Roni, and props to you for the positive attitude. It’s not easy when you see the scale tipping to nearly where you started at WW the first time.. I can attest to that. Quick question – I’m having a hard time with the “but I lost 90 lbs on the old program” but wanting to give the new program a chance, but I do not like change! Yet, because there is a new shiny program, I don’t feel like the “old” program is good enough anymore. Crazy, I know. Any suggestions?

Anar

April 1, 2011

Thanks for sharing Ronie. We are all with you. Move FORWARD!:)

Melissa (@MelGetsFit)

April 1, 2011

Welcome back to Weight Watchers, Roni! I’ll be cheering you on as you make your way back to goal and your happy weight. :)

Patricia

April 1, 2011

Glad you are doing this! I joined weight watchers two weeks ago. I have never been in weight watchers before, I was always a calorie counter. I LOVE the new weight watchers and joined because it seemed like a really healthy approach to food.

Adara

April 1, 2011

Congrats on jumping back on the wagon! I have to tell you though, for having a baby 2 weeks ago, you look really great!

RealMomofOC

April 1, 2011

Congratulations! It’s only been two weeks, what a mommy warrior:)

Hortencia

April 1, 2011

Great job documenting your day and doing so well! You look great and will be back to your amazing bod in no time!

Tara

April 1, 2011

Love the update! :) Your pictures of your food always motivate me to cook! I have not learned to enjoy cooking yet, but your pictures are so pretty, they might just convert me to liking to cook! :) You look great! Little bean is adorable! Go you! :)

Robyn

April 1, 2011

Off to a great start! I’m starting WW online April 1st (yes it’s april fools, but hey… this isn’t a joke for once!) so I’ll be starting right along with you! Good luck Roni, and congrats on the Little Bean, he’s adorable!!! :)

Laura

April 1, 2011

Congratulations! I found it is time to go back to WW. I’m starting this Sunday with the hubby and found a meeting we can walk to. No better way to get some exercise in and start our Sunday morning. By the way you lookAWESOME for just giving birth!!

Christina

April 1, 2011

Looking forward to following your post baby weight loss – just found out we are preggo! So in 9 months I will be going back and reading all of it again!

Lay Down My Idols

April 1, 2011

Ahhhh, LOVE the water pic with the cutie in the background and the snuggli pic – nothing like carrying your little one so close, eh?! Miss that, but carrying any of mine now would seriously put my back out. LOL
    You look great – you’re inspiring me!
    D

April 1, 2011

Tara – When you are nursing nothing is off limits. You just have to watch to see if anything upsets baby’s tummy. I hopped on the sushi as I missed it as well!!

April 1, 2011

Tiger – I’m struggling what that TOO. The old plan worked for me and worked WELL, why fix what ain’t broken? Right??

But I decided to give it a shot and have faith in the plan just like I did the first time around. I figure I’ll give it a month (bought the monthly pass) and if it doesn’t work for me I can always go back. In a way I like having a backup plan.

Alissa

April 1, 2011

Looks like a great day of eating! Good luck!

Lynn

April 1, 2011

Thanks for posting that Roni. I’m also on WW, I really like the new plan if for no other reason than I am eating alot more fruit. Like my leader said – “nobody is here because they ate too many bananas!”

kia

April 1, 2011

Great post Roni. I am very happy to see allowances for you as a post-partum nursing mama. You had me worried for a second there until I got to the bottom. Can’t wait to see your progress.

deana

April 1, 2011

I am so excited that you have started, I am going to start over with you cause I need a ww buddy! I have tried by myself and not the best ,so I am glad that you will be helping us figure it out.

Karen

April 1, 2011

Oh I love those almonds and the chocolate ones. Too much. I don’t have them in the house anymore:(

April 1, 2011

I KNOW! the cocoa ones are awesom.. sometimes I have to hide them on myself. ;)

Jenn

April 1, 2011

Good for you Roni. You know we will all be here with you.

You look FANTASTIC! I’m not really sure where you are hiding those 30lbs.

I’ve been doing the new WW plan since January and I really like it. It took awhile to get used to, especially the higher points for carbs. It took a few weeks to be “ok” with eating a hamburger bun that was 4pp+ now — even though I had all of these additional pp+. Now that I have my mind wrapped around it more, it’s great. I’ve actually been losing weight more steadily than I was on the old plan. Good luck!!

Marisa @ Loser for Life

April 1, 2011

Welcome back , Roni! You are going to kick that weight off in no time!

Jennifer Albracht

Go Roni!!
    Today is my due date – I am actually really excited to get back on WW for the structure!

Love it! And may I just say that you look amazing right now?

:-) Beautiful progression picture with the baby.

Dee

April 1, 2011

Hi Roni! I don’t believe I’ve ever posted on your blog before. I just wanted to thank you for sharing your journey with us. :)

I’ve recently gone back to the WW meetings myself. I know you will be back on track in no time. Good luck!

Lori

April 1, 2011

You are going to do great just like you did the first time!

Tina

April 1, 2011

Yay, I feel like such a nerd that I’m so excited over the fact that I get to follow someone else on WW besides ME! I give the same points for sushi as you do (1 point for 2 pieces) – I’m always wary if I’m not giving enough. Congratulations – you look great (even if you don’t feel like you do just yet)! I’m 5’9 and WISH I was in the 170s… will get there… 5 pounds away.
    It’s kinda neat that you’ll be celebrating your weight loss as you celebrate your little bean’s weight gain. :)

Good for you, Roni!! Looks like a great first day. You look incredible for someone who just gave birth–and I totally agree with the above comment about comparing to your first pregnancy. Your exercise and commitment to staying on track definitely made a big difference! I’m sure you’ll have your hard body back in no time!

Lori T

April 1, 2011

Welcome back Roni! I think I’m going to try and post my daily intake like you. Are you making a table in word or excel? PS – you look fabulous and little bean is beyond ADORABLE! Congrats kiddo on yet another incredible accomplishment in your life :) TGIF!

Maria mywaistlossjourney

April 1, 2011

Roni thank you for sharing with us. You are truly an inspiration. I followed you last time, I will follow you this time…Hey at least you lost 20 lbs after the birth, when I had my kids I left the hospital with the weight I went in there with… ho hum…..

Agnes

April 1, 2011

Thanks for sharing! You look great btw! I remember when I weighted 176, I was so unhappy. Now I would just about kill for that number. You’ll be back to your goal weight in no time!

jessey

April 1, 2011

Congrats on getting back in it!

I always made sure I had a water bottle with me when I sat down to feed my kids, so when they fell asleep on me after and I just wanted to sit and cuddle and doze with them, I would still have my water with me and didn’t have to disturb the sleep cherib to get up and get it.

Erika

April 1, 2011

Than-you! This motivates me!
    I’ve lost 10 lbs with the points plus program but I’ve kind of settled at 170. Your updates and progress will be extremely helpful for me.

Amanda

April 1, 2011

YAY I’m so happy I can follow you on this journey. I look forward to it…I’m also on my own journey trying to lose at least 50 lbs before my wedding in March 2012 and lose atleast 10 more before we try for baby #1

sherice hamlin

April 1, 2011

HI Roni, I know you know this and I do not mean to be anything but concenred here but.. Please take it easy you are only 2 weeks post delivery and you need to rest and be good to yourself for 6 wks. Just concerned for you.

Rachel

April 1, 2011

Congrats on getting back to ww. I’m interestd in seeing how your journey goes. My plan is to join after I pop this kid out too -I never had much success in the past, but I figure since I have more weight to lose I’ll need the structure more! Good luck and I look forward to reading all about it. P.S. You do look amazing for having *just* given birth!

Tracy

April 1, 2011

Roni – here is a great tip for cooking whole chickens…I do this all the time and its a huge timesaver and money saver!

Make friends with your crockpot.
    then, take a long piece of foil and scrunch it up so you have a long, thin piece of foil. Put it inside the crockpot, wrapping it around the bottom of your crock. You’ll use this to keep the chicken off the bottom.
    Rinse your bird and place, breast side down in the crock so it rests on the scrunched up foil.
    Season however you wish.
    Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
    Then cut or de-bone to use as you wish!

I usually don’t season mine at all because I almost always debone it to use in other recipes.

Ami

April 1, 2011

Right after having a baby the potential for weight loss is so huge! Your body is just in the mode to do it, so it’s very good that you’re diving right in! My weight has been creeping up, and now I have 25 pounds to lose, so I’m selfishly glad to follow along with you. No official plan for me though, just a very good buddy walking along with me every day through e-mail. We’re on Day 4.

Susan

April 1, 2011

I resisted the new WW plan as well, but I am finding that I like it. While the old plan worked great for me (my issue is that I need to master maintenance, frankly), at the end I got down to 18 points. 18! I managed it, but seriously that is really low. I like the fact that I have more points this time around and fruit is free (moderation is necessary, but still … ). I also like the way the plan nudges you into eating more protein (more bang for the buck). Like the old WW plan, it becomes second nature after a while. You’ll do great :-).

Tami@nutmegnotebook

April 1, 2011

Congratulations on your new beginning with the new WWPP program Roni. I can’t wait to hear your thoughts about it.

Patty

April 1, 2011

Congrats on starting the WWP+ program…I agree its a bit difference. I’m still gettting used to it (and my own internal food demons) but I think there might just be a breakthrough this week. Let’s hope! :)

Good luck with your first week!

And YAY for little bean going up in weight :)

Rene

Roni,

You SO Don’t Look 170 ish pounds! You look so great even if you had not just delivered a baby!!

Amy @ A Little Nosh

April 1, 2011

Those pounds are going to drop right off. Not only with the nursing, but following WW at the same time. I think you’ll be very surprised at how effective it is. Good job!

Sarah

April 1, 2011

Way to get right back on the wagon, Roni! It’s challenging to rein in the eating while breastfeeding :) Enjoy the extra bf pts… I just weaned my little one a few weeks ago, and it was quite depressing that first week with WAY less pts!!

And I LOVE the emerald almonds too!!! The cocoa roast are my favorite – and they sell them in 100 cal pouches (3 pts) – instant portion control. Yum!

Julie

April 1, 2011

I think you look great too! Thanks for always being open and honest with us. *hugs*

laine

April 1, 2011

Your 2 servings of healthy oils would have put you at your points target!

Those meals look so good!

Marilia

April 1, 2011

Great! I also have 30 lbs to lose. I guess I’ll commit myself to lose “with you”… My daughter is 4 months old today and i now have more time to exercise, which is fundamental to me. I have 36points/day since I breastfeed and supplement with formula. Today i weight 147. My goal is 117.

Rachel Pearson

April 1, 2011

Way to get going, Roni! With WW *and* nursing, your baby weight is gonna melt off! : )

Nina

April 1, 2011

Love this post, it does me so much good!

Love especially how normal it is for you to say, “Allright, I was pregnant, but now I want to get back in shape, so I ask for help at WW.” Asking for help is NOT normal for me and I still feel so ashamed if I gain lost weight back. This post is so encouraging for me! Thank you! :ox

Judy

April 1, 2011

I started WW again yesterday and also have 35lbs to lose. Big difference, I don’t have a little bean for all the weight – I just got fat!

jodi

Hi Roni,

Love seeing the little bean plus all your updates… I have thought about going back to WW myself and am also nursing (though not 100% – he gets formula at daycare)… Do you know how they figure out how many additional points you get? I know you said you get 14 additional, but you’re strictly nursing at this point…

Ryan is SO dreamy! I can’t believe how fast they grow – mine is almost 6 months already AND almost 20 pounds!…

Have a great weekend! :)

mery

awesome first day!!!!

Barbara

April 1, 2011

welcome back to WW. I was wondering should you eat raw fish while nursing? Thanks for the menu break down.

Kim Fearn

April 1, 2011

Love that you jumped RIGHT Back in! Hey – I have a veggie question for ya!

Ok – I watched your CSA adventures with Ryan and the veggies you were getting – and I have an opportunity to do a CSA too – I was just wondering if you did a full share or half share?

I don’t want to be wasteful – but I am SO excited about FRESH veggies – that I want to maybe go for it and get a FULL share.

The difference here is 2 1/2 – 12 1/2 lbs for half share to 5-25 lbs for full share…..

Deb in Winfield, Ks

April 1, 2011

Roni you are such a great inspiration!! I too was very successful on the old points back in 2002. But I fell off wagon before goal and had to rejoin in 2009. But I am loving the Points Plus program..it has made me rethink, recalculate, reprogram EVERYTHING! It has really sparked my loss. I really have enjoyed learning the new program. I bet you will too!! You look great and Little Bean is adorable!!! Thanks for being here!

Sheila

April 1, 2011

Roni – congrats on going back to weight watchers! I started after I had my son 4 and half years ago, and found your blog shortly after that. I gave myself a year to take the weight off and 22 pounds came off s-l-o-w. I think because I actually did watch what I ate while I was pregnant so it wasn’t that big of a change for my body, I just ate less. Same thing after my daughter 2 years ago and I’m holding strong. The new plan has worked for me too. I just have to actually follow it. I’ve kept off the weight for over 4 years and I part of that success to your motivation and great recipes, so thanks! Good luck!

s

April 1, 2011

thanks for sharing your progress. i’m excited to hear about your weight-loss endeavors on the new plan. i enjoyed keeping up with your food log when you used to tweet them before; it gave me meal ideas and was just generally inspiring.

April 1, 2011

Lori – I just do the table in HTML. I’m kind of geeky like that. ;)

Amber

Glad to have you back!

Jenn@slim-shoppin

April 1, 2011

I need to start over again too – I’m going to do it with you. I give you so much credit to actually GO to a meeting a few weeks after having him – you are awesome!

Valerie

April 1, 2011

Between you rejoining and my mom rejoining, I am thinking of rejoining. I lost 30 pounds on WW before. I gained all of that and MORE back but have lost 20 pounds. I have 38 to go. I just need to find a leader that I like. I stopped going last time because I was the youngest person at the meetings (and I am almost 40!) and the leader was lackluster. I didn’t feel motivated at all. I’m willing to try again because I had a great leader and did so well initially that it’s clear to me that the program works.

You look amazing! I look forward to following your progress. I started reading initially right around your tummy tuck.

Congrats on rejoining! I look forward to watching your progress!

Oh! And I thought this was interesting. Your official starting weight was exactly the same as MY official starting weight! Pretty nifty. :)

Hyla

April 2, 2011

You are going to do great!

Natalia

April 2, 2011

You are doing great Roni! :)

Lorri

April 2, 2011

You may find the ‘new’ plan may work for you. In one of my meetings the leader put yo yo dieting (which is not what you are experiencing but the analogy works) into perspective – it’s like building a sand castle. You spend hours working on it to perfection and then a wave comes in and washes it away. You try to rebuild that castle to what it was and you just don’t have that same energy or excitement. Kind of like trying to relose that weight you worked so hard at getting rid of. With the new twist your tools will have a changed a little maybe giving you that extra energy. Good luck Roni – I am so inspired by you!

Nancy

April 3, 2011

Yay for you! I’m back to WW too after gaining 70 pounds with my baby, so it’ll be fun and motivating to see your progress. Yes, 70 lbs… Note to self: pregnancy does NOT mean you can eat pancakes with butter and syrup for breakfast every morning!

April 4, 2011

Kim – We got a full share. The only thing that was hard for us to finish was the greens. Not sure how many pounds we got though. I don’t think they measured that way.

Have fun with it!

Shannon

April 5, 2011

I hope you find success in the program, I embraced it for 3 months and it just didn’t work out for me, I then went back to the old plan and that week I lost -2.2

I am a lifetime member and don’t have but a couple of pounds to lose to be back at my happy weight before summer :)

Congratulations on getting back on track!

Jenny

April 6, 2011

You making eating on Weight Watchers look so delicious. I want to lick the screen. :-) I love the Points Plus Program. It has certainly changed my life.