A Sensational Sunday on the Road

I don’t have a traditional Sensational Sunday post. Today was my niece’s baptism. It’s about a 2 hour ride there and back so our day was really devoted to just this one family event. No laundry. No grocery shopping. No cleaning. Just time with family. It was nice.

Since I knew we would be on the road and eating on the run–Note: I don’t even bother to fight the husband on his fast food requests when we are driving–I made sure Little Man and I started our day with a "Green" Smoothie.

I made it with a banana, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, frozen mango, baby spinach, water and a dollop of my favorite jelly
for a bit of extra sweetness and color to help coax Little Guy.

I’ve been getting a little too adventurous for his taste but this one he couldn’t refuse.

And I felt better knowing I got some fruit and veggies in him to start the day.

Before we left I snapped this photo of myself and I have to admit I do look small for 9 months but I FEEL huge. It’s strange. Even looking in the mirror I looked bigger than the picture shows.

I don’t like to post a lot of pictures of anyone else, especially their kids on the blog but here’s a fun shot of my niece during the ceremony. She was a little angel.

After the ceremony we shot a few family pics and I actually got some of ME taken by someone else. Shocking. I know.

One the way home we stopped at….

lol Everything in moderation… right? ;)

Note: Green Smoothies are something I’ve been experimenting with for a few weeks now. Click here to see Little Guy and I make one in a video.

Nicole S.

March 14, 2011

u r SO TINY for 9 months pregnant!!!!

Angela W.

March 14, 2011

I have Sarabeth’s cookbook, I love her stuff.
    Sarabeth’s Bakery: From My Hands to Yours

Amber

March 14, 2011

Roni, you’re belly gives me hope! I had a TT and was terrified by my surprise 4th pregnancy. I don’t even look pregnant and I’m 20 weeks. I was also afraid of stretch marks, but seeing that you’ve kept up healthy habits and don’t have any and look FANTASTIC makes me feel better so thanks :)

Patty

March 14, 2011

You look fantastic! Your niece is so adorable! :)

Carolyn @ Lovin' Losing

March 14, 2011

I love green smoothies! I’ve had one every day for weeks now, ever since I got my single serve blender where the pitcher is a to-go cup that I can just pick up and head out the door with. I need to get a little more adventurous, though. I’ve been having one with milk, spinach, blueberries and strawberries every day!

Nikki

March 14, 2011

A very creative way to get the little ones to eat their spinach and vegetables. Sounds like it tastes good mixed with all the other ingredients!

Tami@nutmegnotebook

March 14, 2011

You do look tiny for 9 months Roni! I am so glad you can see that.

Looks like a wonderful day.

Lori

March 14, 2011

You look amazing for 9 months pregnant!
    What a wonderful way to spend a Sunday… I always look forward to your Sunday posts…they’re my favorite.

Beth

March 15, 2011

Hey Roni. Just ordered the cookbook. You look great! I don’t think you look huge at all. You look perfect. You’ll have the baby soon and get that super-momma metabolism going with all the nursing anyway. Good luck!

Candi

March 15, 2011

You look aaaaamazing for 9 months pregnant, I have been reading youre blog since 2007 when I started my weight loss journey(30+pounds and maintaining for almost 2yrs !!) and find it so motivational. I was more than happy for you when you found out you where pregnant again because I was excited to see you blog about it, about staying fit and healthy. Im trying to get pregnant and you give me so much motivation that I will be able to gain weight healthly (is that evan a word ha ha ). Thanks for all the motivation.