I have a fun question this week based on a last week’s podcast. Kate asked an interested question that I answered in the video (see below) and I’m still thinking about! Even after a few days of pondering I’m sticking with my original response. Let me recap as I know not everyone listen/watches the podcasts. Kate asked…
I really admire how you’ve adopt such a balanced and healthy lifestyle – whether you were caring for a newborn, working full time, or doing both! If you could get just 5 things done for your health each day, what would they be? I am curious to hear what your (and readers’) must-do checklist would look like.
My response in video…
5 Things I’d do Daily for My Health
- Not only for the physical benefits but the mental as well. Since starting to run about 3 years ago I look to it as MY time. Just 30 minutes, some music and sunshine. It does wonders for my soul!
- Healthy Smoothie
- My diet isn’t perfect. It never will be but I’d love to get in one nutrient packed smoothie a day full of fresh/frozen fruits and a huge helping of leafy greens. Who needs V8? ;) Click here to check out some of my smoothie ideas.
- Uninterrupted Time with Loved Ones
- Kids, spouse, significant other, friend, it doesn’t matter. Unplug and just BE with another human being at least once a day. I think it does wonders for me and my relationships.
- Go to Bed Early
- SLEEP! I don’t get enough. Does anyone? I think I can do wonders by just going to bed a little earlier.
- Brush and Floss
- I’ve confessed my horrible teeth hygiene habits on the blog before. My last thing would be to simply take care of ME. Brush, floss, wash my face, cut my nails, etc. I know I’m not the only one that lets these things slide when I get too busy taking care of everyone else.
There you have it, my 5 things. Now it’s YOUR turn. If you could get just 5 things done for your health each day, what would they be?