I’m rewinding again for the return of my Question of the Week Series. I’ve been digging in the archives to find questions I thought really represented my thought behind series. I honestly didn’t remember writing this one until I read it. But once I did, it brought back a lot memories. Making the commitment to live a healthier life isn’t always easy. You have to honestly look at what it’s going to take and ask yourself if you really are ready.
Originally posted April 8, 2008…
I might catch some slack for this weeks question(s) but I don’t care. I need to ask not only you but also myself.
It’s a simple yet complex question, “Are you ready?”
- Are you ready to live a healthier lifestyle?
- Are you ready to make the harder choices that lifestyle may entail?
- Are you ready to plan, think, prepare, shop, and not just grab a donut on the way to work?
- Are you ready to shut off the TV and go outside for a walk?
- Are you ready to seek out the staircase instead of taking the elevator?
- Are you ready to admit to yourself you eat too much?
- Are you ready to tell yourself hunger is not an emergency or an excuse?
- Are you ready to face your feelings instead of shoving them down with a slice of pizza?
- Are you ready to stop trying to do it all and get more sleep?
- Are you ready to try new foods you’ve dismissed because you “don’t eat vegetables”?
- Are you ready to love yourself NOW, unconditionally?
- Are you ready to be the example, the motivator, the exception to the rule?
I really could go on and on. My point with this question is to get us thinking, really thinking about what it takes lose weight and keep it off. It’s not easy for everyone. Everything seems to be working against us. It’s easier to take the elevator then the stairs. It’s easier to say yes to the daily office danish then pack your own snack. It’s easier to run through a drive through then go home and cook dinner. I’m not saying you can never do the easy things again, but overall you have to make the harder choices. You have to be READY to make the harder choices.
So I ask…
Are you Ready?
And if so…
What are you ready to do?
P.S .I came up with this question this morning in the shower. Today there were at least 3 “hard” choices I had to make where I asked myself this question. It helped immensely and got me running on the treadmill, skipping the cookie at work, and deciding to make dinner instead of taking the toddler to Wendy’s. That’s why I decided to ask tonight.
Add on: I just asked myself again and avoided that before bed snack I’ve been getting used to. I am ready. :~)
Since this is a repost, there are comments on the original. Click here to go back and take a look. Many people answered honestly and I hope you do too