My Weight Watchers Ice Cream video is live! If you have no idea what I’m talking about click here for my post about the video shoot.
In it I talk talk about 5 tips to help you keep your new years resolutions but I actually pulled together 10 that I think are key…
- Forget “Perfect”
- Everyone is looking forward to the New Year. It’s a new chance. An opportunity to be perfect. There is only one problem – perfection is hard and, not to mention, nearly impossible. So once we come to the realization that we aren’t perfect, our New Year’s resolutions get thrown out the window. To be successful, set realistic and specific goals. Resolve to make small changes. Have one healthy meal a day or always take the stairs.
- Get Creative
- Getting creative in the kitchen can save you calories and money. When you are trying to make a change, it’s important to fight cravings in unusual ways. For example, if you crave fries, make them with butter squash; if you crave pizza, use a whole grain tortilla instead of dough. Chips and dip more your thing? Slice up some veggies and dip them in hummus. The goal isn’t to stop snacking – the goal is to get creative with your snacks.
- Rearrange Your Refrigerator
- How many times have you bought fresh groceries only to have them rot in your refrigerator drawers? It’s probably time to rearrange the fridge! Put all the fresh, healthy stuff at eye level. Make it the first thing you see when you open the door. This way you are more apt to grab that apple or bag of carrot sticks when you are hunting for something to snack on.
- Be Prepared for Snack Attacks
- When cravings strike, be smart and choose snacks that combine portion-control and taste. In the video, Roni uses a Weight Watchers Strawberry Smoothie Bar as an example of this type of snack. Having the right snacks on hand makes it easier to curb cravings and stay on track!
- Find Your Tribe
- Do your best to surround yourself physically or virtually with people who will support you. Ask your spouse to join you in after-dinner walks. Try to get your family into more activities. Get people you love involved and if they aren’t game, attend a few workout classes and introduce yourself. Search for local groups online. Finding your tribe will help you not feel so alone while you make certain lifestyle changes.
And here it is… my first professional video…