In First place…
VitaTop French Toast By Gracie
To make this particular treat, I microwaved a frozen Golden Corn VitaTop for 25 seconds. Then I soaked it for a couple of minutes in a mixture of:
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Cook the VitaTop for 2-3 minutes per side on a stovetop pan or griddle (medium heat). I topped it simply with butter.
New England Breakfast Stacker by Kate
- 1 Golden Corn VitaTop
- 1 tbsp real maple syrup (reserve half)
- 1 tbsp bacon bits (such as Hormel Real Bacon Bits) (reserve a pinch)
- 1 large egg
- cooking spray
Makes one serving (249 calories, 8.5g fat, 10g fiber) (5 ww)
1. Thaw Golden Corn VitaTop according to directions and toast to taste.
2. While the VitaTop toasts, spray skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium/high heat.
3. Beat together the egg and the bacon bits, reserving a pinch for garnish and pour into skillet. As the egg cooks fold it over on itself so it will fit on top of the VitaTop. Cook until the eggs are not runny.
4. When the VitaTop is done toasting, prick the top with a fork all over and drizzle 1/2 of the maple syrup over the top. Do this slowly so it can sink into the holes. Reserve the rest to pour on at the end.
5. Top the syrup soaked VitaTop with the egg. Drizzle the reserved syrup over the top and sprinkle with the reserved bacon bits.
Then enjoy! :) The whole process takes just 10-15 minutes and is simple enough to cook on a weekday morning. To reduce the calories and fat consider using two egg whites in place of the egg.
CranBran VitaTop Stuffing by Arlene
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1 Tablespoon Craisins
- 2 small slices pumpernickel bread
- 1 thawed CranBran VitaTop
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat oil in small skillet. Sautee onion and zucchini about 5 minutes, until soft. Add Craisins and cook another minute or so.
While the veggies cook, tear bread and muffin into bite-sized pieces. Turn off heat and add to skillet. Add chicken broth and stir until moistened.
Put into small baking dish and bake 20 minutes. (I think it might have benefitted from another 10 or so in the oven, but I was running out of time on my dinner break).
Congratulations guys! This was totally fun. I loved seeing all the ideas everyone came up with.
Note: This post is sponsored by Vitalicious. Use my code RonisWeigh for 10% off any Vitalicious order! Did you see they have a new flavor?!? Pumkpin! I hope to review soon!