- Blog Topics
What a day we had! Actually, scratch that, what a WEEKEND! Yesterday we spent the whole day outside watching the husband play Gaelic football and strolling around the Irish Festival. It was a gorgeous November day and I’m glad we had a reason to spend it outside.
Today was going to be just as nice so I really wanted to get outside again. Little guy woke up chipper at 6:30AM like he always does. I, on the hand, needed a little time to wake up so we hung out in his room and doodled on the chalkboard wall…
We started with your classic hand turkey…
Which turned into a whole Thanksgiving/fall scene…
Then our attention turned to the Magformers.
These things are GREAT! I totally recommend them for any one with little ones. Ryan got a set last year for Christmas and they are still one of our favorite toys. I actually want to get him another set so we have more pieces to build with.
We finally headed downstairs and Little Guy did a Hidden Pictures from his new Highlights Magazine (another recommendation of mine if you are thinking of holiday gifts)…
while I made breakfast…
Quick Banana Pancakes with blueberries for Little Man, Bacon and Eggs for Hubby and a little bit of everything for me. :)
Notice the pot full of hard boiled eggs. I’m rediscovering them again. So great to have on hand mid week for a quick breakfast or lunch. If you are interested I have a video that explains my hard boil technique for easy to peel hard boil eggs.
After breakfast I started the laundry and Little Guy Helped me experiment with a new recipe for GreenLiteBites.
Curried Apple and Sweet Potato Soup
It came out DELICIOUS! I will have the recipe up tomorrow. I had to pick between this one or that one before I completely passed out. This one won. :) UPDATE: Recipe posted, click here for Curried Sweet Potato and Apple Soup recipe.
While making the soup, the Little Guy was asking about the apple seeds. So we decided to do a little planting.
We reused one of the Husband’s soda bottles cutting the bottom off for a planter…
We filled it with top soil and planted our apple seeds.
I LOVE doing this kind of stuff with the Little Guy!
Finally we got dressed and headed out for a stroll at the park. We didn’t walk as far as we normally do but it was still great being out on such a beautiful day. Here are some pics from our adventure…
On the way home we stopped at the grocery store for supplies.
For dinner we decided on a snowman pizza. An idea we got from the Highlights Magazine. It was SO fun!
All we did was separate some Trader Joe’s whole wheat pizza dough into 3 sections, large, medium and small and rolled out our "snow balls." We then topped it with sauce, cheese, and pepperoni for the button, peppers for the scarf and what else but a carrot for the nose! ;)
After dinner I took a short nap while Little Man watched TV. We then finished the laundry, took baths and settled in for the night.
Right now I’m trying to wrap this up before my new TV obsession, Walking Dead, starts on AMC. This horror fan is completely ecstatic to have an hour of Zombies a week. :)
So there you have it. You can’t get anymore Sensational than today. I prepared for the week as best I could and made the most of this fabulous Sunday!
Hope you all have a great weekend. I’ll be back tomorrow with a pregnancy update!
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Yippee for Vine on Android!
- What Are You Self-Conscious of?
- A Post-Birthday Father's Day
- Weekend Quote: Explode Beyond Your Limitations
- 3 New Food Finds
- Wednesday Weigh In: 3 Scale-Less Weeks!
- 5 Ways Ditching 'Perfect' has Made Me Happier, Healthier and More Successful
- Scenes from My Low-Key Sensational Sunday
- Weekend Quote: How would your life be different if…
- My Run Streak Continues with a Note About Committing
- Wednesday Weigh In!
- Let's Talk About Trigger Foods
- My Legs. What Legs?
- Avalanches Are Scary
- Weekend Quote: Uncomfortable
- Blog to Book: Musings from My Weight Loss Journey [Kindle Edition]
- A Weight-less Wednesday Weigh In
- Scenes From Our Memorial Monday
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
- Weekend Quote: Comfort Zone
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.