Ok.. so it’s REALLY starting to occur to me that I’m pregnant. I think I’ve been distracting myself in case something happens but it hit me yesterday that I’m over two months! I’m not completely out of the worry zone but every day that goes by I get more confident. Once I hit the 3 month mark I may celebrate with a video and do video updates once a week or so. That would be more fun then photos I think. We’ll see.
Time really has been flying. I’ve had some of these links in my inbox since early August. Did you know it was September? I just realized this morning. That’s just pure craziness!
Anyway, let’s get to these links and then I’ll update a few things. You remember the old Thursday Thoughts drill, right? :)
- First of all did you see this article about Brian’s twitter diet? I’ll be screaming the power of blogs and social media when it comes to weight loss or simply living healthier until the day I die. This blog was started over 5 years ago for the same purpose and here I still am. Maintaining the loss, living consciously, reaching goals and hopefully inspiring others. It’s why I started BlogToLose. It’s why I’m planning another conference. It’s why I still keep my food journal on twitter. It’s why I will write this blog for as long as humanly possible. Can you tell I’m passionate about this? Really. I am. :)
- Since I’m on the healthy blog bandwagon I’ll use this time to mention Healthy Living Blogs. A fabulous directory of… well… healthy living blogs. What can I say? They have the perfect name. ;) Healthy Living Blogs is a growing, enormous bunch! I’m proud to be apart of it.
- Let’s move to my favorite subject besides blogging, FOOD! I have two great links saved. One is about portion distortion. It’s really getting out of hand, isn’t it? I swear, we ordered dessert the other day to split among the 3 of us and it was STILL too big. I get the whole value thing and that we love getting more for our money but there’s a point where it’s just ridiculous. It’s like we are addicted to the ‘more is better’ mentality.
- Speaking of addiction, according to this article, "studies show that some foods actually have a narcotic-like effect on our brains" They put chocolate, sugar, cheese, and fast food in their top 5. All of which I can honestly say are problem foods for me.
- Finally, I’m going to end with this post on thought provoking questions. You guys know how much I love to ask the Question of the Week. I’ve been doing it for 2 and half years now and still get a good conversation going now and then, like last weeks, Do You Count Calories, Fat or Weigh Your Food?. I plan on using some of the questions listed in that post as inspiration for future weeks.
My Updates this week…
- I’m cooking more and more now that I’m home and it’s been wonderful! This week on GreenLiteBites I made us two new dinners, Parmesan Dusted Chicken Fingers with Whole Wheat Pasta and Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce and Sweet Sausage and Vegetables over Bulgur. I also whipped up a healthy snack yesturday using salmon and little guy and I recorded ourselves making our favorite smoothie. Oh! and I’m also working on getting all my recipes categorized by points. It will probably take me a few weeks but I’ll do a few every night before bed and let you know when it’s done.
- The FitBloggin’ site hasn’t seen many updates BUT I’ve been working by butt off on the conference. I finally posted a tentative schedule and I’m reaching out to speakers via email. I hope to have many more updates next week.
- Last week on RoniNoone.com I griped about the iPad and this week I answered a question about giving credit to recipe sites.
- Finally, on BlogToLose I’m kicking off this holiday weekend with a challenge.
- Oh! Wait.. one more! I’ve updated my Training Schedule. I’m still back and forth on the marathon this december. Have to talk to my doc (getting a new one in 2 weeks) to see what she thinks. I may drop down to the half. Either way, I’m still running! I’ve slowed down considerably but I’m listening to my body and I feel fabulous afterwards!
- Update: I totally forgot!! Don’t forget I am co-presenting a teleclass on Tuesday!! Click here for more info!
I think that’s all I got me in tonight. I’m slowly finding my self-emplyment groove. I can see it only getting better from here on out. :)