This weeks Thursday Thoughts posts is devoted to my dirty kitchen. The other day I tweeted…
"I would rather have a dirty kitchen and a heathy diet the a crappy diet and a clean kitchen."
It was trying to make myself feel better becuase I didn’t feel like cleaning up before bed or should i say before I fell asleep on the couch. ;) I’m sure you know cooking your own meals, mostly from scratch does cause quite a mess. Especially if you are a sloppy cook like me. I swear I can’t stir a pot of sauce with having drippings all over my stove top.
Would it be easier to buy dinner in a box and pop it in the microwave or pick up the phone and get a pizza delivered? Sure. And I do that now and then but overall, day in and day out, I make an effort to cook for my family. That’s why I’m devoting this weeks Thursday Thoughts to eating at home.
- Let’s start with a blog post outlining 8 benefits of Eating at Home. The articles highlights saving money as the top reason which I totally agree with. It’s amazing how expensive eating out can be especially when you already bought groceries for the week and are simply too lazy to cook. Which is what usually what happens to me.
- In case money savings isn’t motivation enough just think.. do you REALLY know what your eating when someone else is cooking? ewe.
- If you take the leap to brave your own kitchen you may want to make sure it’s helping and not hurting your efforts.
- And I thought these tips to help stock a kitchen with healthy food while on a budget were wonderful.
- Ok, so you decided to eat at home, you’ve set and stocked your kitchen now you what do you cook? How about some help from a magazine I recently found and fell in LOVE with. Have you seen Clean Eating? So awesome! I want to work for these people! Such simple recipes using basic whole foods. Exactly my goal on GreenLiteBites.
- Since I’m on the food topic, as always, I’ll share my GreenLiteBites posts this week. First I made a new couscous salad on a whim and totally fell in love. Then I stuffed and baked some peaches, DIVINE! and tonight I ate a leftover Apple Chutney Turkey Burger for dinner. I guess you can say I’ve been having fruit cravings recently. ;)
- I’ve also been making progress on the FitBloggin’ planning. Reaching out to speakers, working on the schedule, and making buttons. I’m also happy to announce Jen and Mandy’s feature, Fit4FitBloggin’ which is going to be a ton of fun!
- Let’s see… other news…. Hmmmm… Oh! I recorded an "I Breastfeed because video" for the Ameda campaign. Click here to check it out but give it a second, for some reason it takes a bit for my video to load. I breast fed little guy for almost 8 months and I’m planning on doing it again with number 2. :) Maybe I’ll even re-record my long winded breast milk storage video. ;)
ok, I think that’s all I got in my tonight. I’m going to try to record a podcast tomorrow. I would have today BUT little was home from school so I took him to the Visionary Arts Museum instead. SO fun. :)
He had a blast!
We even shared the most AMAZING chocolate cake for a treat. :)
It was a great day.