- Blog Topics
I made that shirt for the races I’m going to be running until the end of the year. Originally I had a 5k, 2 halves and a marathon scheduled to complete my 2010 running goals but that was before I found out about little bean. For the first 2 months I didn’t really change my plans because I’m a big believer in "You never know what’s going to happen." So I decided to keep running at the same level and take it day by day. Well at 2 and half months I’m getting more confident and MORE pregnant. :)
In lieu of my new situation I will be withdrawing from the halves and the full. I have continued to run these last two months but I have no desire to run any distance over 5 miles. Actually that was the level I was at when got pregnant so it kind of makes sense.
Instead of the longer distance races I’ll be running local 5k’s that I can find to complete my goal of running one event a month this year, which I still think is very doable and I’m very excited about it!
So for this weeks Thursday Thoughts I’m all about pregnant running…
- First, everyones been telling me that I have to get this months edition of Running World because of two famous marathoners (Runners Paula Radcliffe and Kara Goucher) who are both pregnant at the same time! I also believe there’s a third, Deena Kastor. Maybe there’s something in the Gatorade. ;)
- Babycenter has a great article on Running During Pregnancy with all the basics.
- WebMD Dispels some myths about exercise and pregnancy. My favorite…
As long as you and your pregnancy are healthy, and you feel OK, experts say it’s safe to run right up until you go into labor. "Both ACOG and the National Academy of Sports Medicine have said that if you were running prior to pregnancy, you can continue during pregnancy, as long as you feel OK," says Hruska.
I’m not sure I’ll be running that long but it’ll be fun to see how long it feels right for me.
- And of course there’s more then running to help me stay fit during pregnancy. :)
Other news in my world…
- Lots of cooking this week on GreenLiteBites. I made some awesome soup with some fresh vegetables from the farm, an amazing almost Homemade chocolate banana bundt complete with glaze, a creative smoothie using green tea and tropical fruit, and today a spicy tuna salad. MAN! I’m loving having more time in my kitchen!
- On my personal blog I posted Who IS Your Audience? And More Importantly, Do You Even Care?
- And I’ve been working on FitBloggin’ updating speaker bios and working a new "Chatter" page.
Other than that I’m been helping a kindergardener with is homework and hanging out with the hubz. It’s been nice. :)
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!
Subscribe to Roni's Weigh!I'm having subscription problem. While I work things out please click here to Subscribe!
I’ve been doing this a looong time…