I am a very self-centered blogger–ok, ok, stop nodding in agreement, Geesh! What I mean is I blog from my perspective not yours. It’s really the only way that it makes sense to me. I’m too "real time" to think ahead. I blog when I get inspired and write about what’s going on today, now, in my head. Maybe when I have more time on my hands I’ll pre-plan some posts, like the Ask Roni’s but in general what you see is what you get from me.
That being said I’m writing this on Wednesday night and will publish it for Thursday. It’s the night before I leave for the BlogHer conference and I have all these links built up since I’ve been shunning Thursday Thoughts posts due to lack of time.
So get ready for a HUGE brain dump. I’m not sure you’ll make it through this one…
- This was an interesting story on Elle, Emotional Eating: The Brain-Stomach Connection. It asks the question "Should we be eating to balance our moods, not just our scales?" and makes the statement "When we ingest something, it doesn’t just sit in our stomachs. It most certainly has an affect on our overall being," well…. duh. ;)
- Can blogging help you get healthy? I think so and Shira mentioned me in her post!
- I was also mentioned in Tory’s Weight Loss Success Tips along with Jack Sh*t and Andrew.
- But enough about me. Two new-to-me blogs I’ve been reading recently… She’s a Fit Chick and Losing My Behind
- Speaking of Weight Loss blogging, do you think there is a correlation between being good at blogging and losing weight? I thought Kyle made some great points.
- And Jess is living proof of this theory!
- How about another success story because I can’t get enough of them? Bill lost 257lbs by…. yup you guessed it… eating less and moving more!
- Eating less and moving more SOUNDS easy but for some of us it’s not. Things didn’t click for me until I started going to Weight Watchers. According to the Medical Research Council of Great Britain, Weight Watchers really does work. That is of course if you look at it like a class and not a short term diet fix.
- And Weight Watchers isn’t the only diet getting some kudos for working. Low-carb diets are also getting a pat on the back. It seems low-cal or low-carb both work the same when it comes to weight loss with low-carb etching out some other health benefits. My favorite quote in the article is, "In general, dieters should be less concerned about what diet they’re on and more focused on finding strategies to stick to the diet they chose…" In my opinion it comes down to what you can and want to follow long term. I would describe my diet as low fat with an eye on carbs. It works for me because I focus on more on the how and less on the what. If that makes sense.
Are you still with me? I better start to wrap this up, huh? In my world…
- GreenLiteBites has seen SO much action lately. I think the July Feta Challenge totally motivated me int he kitchen! I’ve been cooking a lot more. This week I posted All Bran Cherry Almond Muffin, Quick Curried Chicken Salad with Peas and yesterday little guy and I recorded a crazy video of us making dinner. Not our best but still fun. :) There is also 1 more day to enter the The Final Fabulous Friday Feta Giveaway! Simple click here and let me know which of my feta ideas looks the best to you!
- Over on on my personal blog, the new RoniNoon.com, I posted some Twitter tips if you are thinking about changing your username, The Business of Blogging: A Free E-Book and my BlogHer Agenda.
- FitBloggin’ ACTUALLY saw some action this week! I’m *this* close to signing a contract and announcing the dates for FitBloggin’11! I think I’m finally ready to plan the next one, mentally. :)
I have ONE MORE WEEK OF WORK! Just thinking about it gives me a sigh of relief. I have finally made peace with this decision. I’m doing what I love right now at this very moment. I have confidence that I can build a career out of my passion and I refuse to second guess myself any longer. The conference, my book ideas, my blogs.. I have WAY more than enough to keep me busy. :)
Ok, I’m out. Hopefully you are reading this on Thursday and I’m en-route to New York City on the train. I plan on keeping my food journal with pictures while at the conference and I’m going to try to stop by nightly to post them. I’ll also be posting any good blogging nuggets I pick up over on RoniNoone.com.
Oh! and I’m rounding up anyone in NYC who would like to run with me Sunday in Central Park. I have 6 miles to complete Week 1 of my marathon training! So far so good but let me tell you.. I’m SORE! :)
Have a great Thursday!