I always feel like I have to start these kinds of posts with a bit of a history lesson. I know if I saw some running lunatic post a training schedule like this I’d assume there were always an athlete. At least naturally active and would never suspect they had body image issues or have ever wanted or needed to lose weight. So for long time readers please skip over this link history. New readers… just know if you asked me 2 years ago if I would ever run or want to run a marathon I’d say maybe, 5 years ago I’d say you were crazy and 10 years ago I’d say you were freakin’ lunatic for even asking such a ridiculous question.
- Some of you may not know but I was NOT an exerciser and I lost weight by just mostly "staying active" and a lot of that was dancing around my house like a nut-ball.
- Then I started Thinking About It which led to me actually joining a gym and declaring myself a gym rat soon followed.
- Then a friend put the running bug in my ear. (Re-reading the end of that post is exactly how I felt when I started running)
- I ran my first 5k run on a treadmill and I nearly died from shock.
- Then I took my running outside and even the toddler was impressed. :)
- After my first 5K event I was hooked!
- Then I found the Nike+ and fell in love!
- Soon I was training for a relay in the Baltimore Marathon Relay
- My first 40 minute run was a milestone.
- Then someone called me Racing Roni and it made me examine at where I came from.
- In 2008’s Marathon I ran 6 miles was SO amazing I decided to take a leap and sign up for the 2009 Marathon!
- With some training I ran the 10 mile Cherry Blossom and my first ever half marathon!
- My training was far from perfect but I managed to get in a few long runs like 12 miles in Chicago, 15 miles a few weeks ago and my most recent 20 mile run.
- Then I crossed the finish line of my very first marathon!
- Determined to keep running a part of my life, I set a goal of running 1 even a month in 2010.
After getting some wonderful feedback when I posted about registering for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas Marathon I edited my initial training thoughts. This is what I came up with. I’m not going to lie.. I’m scared to death! But I’m also looking forward to it. It’s not about losing/maintaining weight or getting to a specific size it’s about seeing what my body is capable of. For the first time in my life I actually feel like an athlete and that’s a complete head trip for me. It’s unbelievable, yet here I am posting this.
|Rest||3 mi +WT||3 mi +WT||Rest||5k||Rest||6 mi|
|√||√ pic||√ pic||√||√ pic||√||√ recap|
|Rest||3 mi +WT||3 mi +WT||Rest||3 mi||Rest||7 mi|
|√||sick :(||sick :(||sick :(||sick :(||√||√ run/walk|
|Rest||3 mi||4 mi||Rest||5 mi||Rest||5 mi|
|√||√ 5mi!||√ pic||√ pic||√ pic|
|Rest||3 mi +WT||3 mi +WT||Rest||5 mi||*5k||9 mi|
|√||√ pic||√ pic||√ pic||Rested||Did 8|
|Rest||3 mi +WT||3 mi +WT||Rest||5 mi||BC||10 mi|
|√||√ pic||√ pic||√|
|Rest||3 mi +WT||6 mi +WT||Rest||5 mi||BC||7 mi|
|Rest||3 mi +WT||3 mi +WT||Rest||6 mi||BC||*HALF|
|Rest||3 mi +WT||6 mi + WT||Rest||6 mi||BC||12 mi|
|Rest||3 mi +WT||6 mi + WT||Rest||7 mi||BC||10 mi|
|Rest||3 mi +WT||6 mi + WT||Rest||7 mi||*5K||15 mi|
|Rest||3 mi +WT||6 mi + WT||Rest||8 mi||BC||16 mi|
|Rest||3 mi +WT||6 mi + WT||Rest||8 mi||BC||12 mi|
|Rest||3 mi +WT||6 mi + WT||Rest||9 mi||BC||18 mi|
|Rest||3 mi +WT||6 mi + WT||Rest||9 mi||BC||14 mi|
|Rest||3 mi +WT||6 mi + WT||Rest||10 mi||BC||20 mi|
|Rest||3 mi +WT||6 mi + WT||Rest||8 mi||BC||*PHL 1/2|
|Rest||3 mi +WT||6 mi + WT||Rest||6 mi||BC||8 mi|
|Rest||3 mi +WT||3 mi||2 mi||Rest||Rest||ROCK
- mi = Miles
- WT = Weight Training
- BC = Boot Camp Class
- All *bolded items are events I’m running. Details can be found on my 2010 Running Goals page
- Note: Will be making an effort to go to 1 yoga class a week as my schedule allows. I will add them in when I do as well as adding check marks for completed workouts.
Let the running begin! :~)