I can not believe how many weight loss bloggers there are anymore! I feel like an old lady trying to keep up but I am making an effort. I refuse to turn into a blog hermit! I decided to start blog hopping like I used to do when I didn’t have 5 sites, a full time job and a family. ;)
I embarked and went blog to blog learning about amazing wonderful people who are not only changing their lives but motivating and inspiring others by sharing their experiences.
Along my blog exploration journey I noticed more and more male weight loss bloggers. I never really gave it much thought before FitBloggin’ but Dude.. the weight loss/fitness blogging world has been dominated by women for quite some time. Maybe it was just my small circle but I can only remember but 1 or 2 guy weight loss bloggers when I first started in ’05 and now there are so many I can’t keep up!
So in an effort to spread the blog love may I present a few of my favorite male weight loss bloggers. If you did not make the list please leave your link in the comments. I’d love to check out more hot er, I mean motivational dudes. ;) Plus I know I left a few out simply because this post was getting WAY to long.
- I gotta start with Jack. Not because his last name is Sh*t (no really, it is) but because he took one of my favorite books of all times (remember this, when I read it Little Guy?) and turned it into an inspirational story about weight loss. Click here to read Oh, The Weight You Will Lose. Genius!
- I went straight from laughing to crying after stopping by NoMoreBacon and reading The Luckiest Man In The World post. Although I disagree, without a doubt Chappelle is funny but Louis C.K. is by far the funnier man. ;)
- Once I dried my tears, Your Inner Skinny inspired me by embarking on a quest to be a personal trainer.
- Then The Fat Geek schooled me about strokes. Did you know 80% of strokes could be prevented by simple lifestyle changes? Specifically exercise? Fascinating!
- I Quit… Again reminded me of the No "S" diet. And no it’s not what you think. Nope, not that either. ;)
- And finally I link to my long lost brother, and overall too-hard-on-himself guy, Back To The Fridge. Who has FINALLY admitted I am right, Blogs DO inspire people. No matter your "success" on this crazy thing we call a weight loss journey life.
- Think about it. Blogging not only helps the blogger (if you happen to be that personality type) but it helps the readers too. People NEED to know they aren’t alone on this journey and the more we connect and relate to others the bigger the support system. You may have to do it alone, as theAntiJared recently pointed out, BUT we can all be here to celebrate and encourage you along the way.
I LOVE it! THAT is why I continue to do what I do. So without further ado I give you all my crazy updates this week…
- On GreenLiteBites I had more fun with my farm produce! I can’t remember if I linked this last thursday and I’m too lazy to check, either way, Little Guy and I shared our Kohlrabi experience in a video. We also made a dish with Rainbow Char and he liked it! That’s right.. the 5 year old liked chard! Heck! I was shocked I liked it. However, he wasn’t too impressed by my parsley, chicken turnip, radish idea. Oh, well, you can’t win them all. :)
- On SkinnyMinnMedia I announced that I will be Speaking at BlogHer ‘10 – Fitness Blogging: Motivate Yourself and Your Readers. I’m SO excited!
- On FitBloggin’ I posted another video from the presentations, How to Pitch to Traditional Media.
- On BlogToLose I issued another challenge and it’s helping my immensely. I’ve been in a nighttime munching mood and the extra accountability is keeping me conscious of my decisions.
OK, I’m signing of with my food journal. Happy Thursday!
|~**~ thursday ~**~|
|bowl of all bran buds, almond milk and a hard boiled egg||4|
|last of the parsley lemon chicken w/ turnip radish puree. gonna miss it +fresh kohlrabi||4|
|90 cal granola bar||2|
|dinner was some fries, fish sticks, broccoli, and salad||12|
|watermelon.. tons of watermelon! (i have a 1 point fruit policy for everything except bananas-it works or me)||1|