I have a few thoughts, updates, and links to share but no time to do my little vanity picture. I’m sure you don’t even miss it. I’m just a creature of habit. :) Let’s jump right in…
- First I must confess my complete binge of a day yesterday. I don’t know what happened but I found myself in bottomless pit territory. Eating when not really hungry, craving greasy fried foods and just wanting something to munch on constantly. I ended pounding onion rings, wings and then chocolate. All I wanted last night was CHOCOLATE! At least it has some benefits, like battling the free radicals from all the fried foods I ate. ;)
- After 1 or 2 days of eating like yesterday my body image gets totally distorted. I actually FEEL bigger. Ridiculous I know but this new study claims that the human brain naturally distorts body image. "individuals have a conscious visual image of the body … but they also make subconscious misrepresentations of body image"
- My best defense against overindulging *most* of the time is being prepared. Having healthy snacks on hand, packing a lunch, and not letting my hunger get the best of me. However sometimes, like today, when I don’t bring enough to work I’m tempted to hit the vending machine. I always feel like the only choices I have are between bad and worst. Fitness Magazine put together the top 10 healthy and terrible vending machine snacks to help us make out decision. This makes it slightly easier but I found myself more awed by the horrible and not so terribly impressed by the healthy.
- For my fellow runners, Tammy passed on an AWESOME site. Check out my profile on AthLinks.com. This site archives running event results and allows you to "claim" them. I was so excited to see my first ever run, the marathon and my latest half all in their database! If you sign up be sure to shoot me a friend request!
- Ok, I didn’t have much time this week to discover new blogs but here’s a peek back in time on Roni’s Weigh… This week in 2006 I was recovering from the tummy tuck. In ’07 I compared the husband and I’s eating habits (he’s one of "those" naturally slip people.) ’08 we were researching quotes and last year I was apparently just as busy as this year while fighting chocolate cravings and recording videos. lol
- On BlogToLose this week the Something New Challenge is still underway! Click here to see what some members have tried. For my "new thing" the little guy and I tried Kohlrabi. Click here to check out the super fun Produce Pick video!
- The only other idea I posted on GreenLiteBites was a Quick Berry Protein Shake but I have a new pasta idea I can’t wait to share. Ryan and I made it together tonight.
- On SkinnyMinnyMedia I only had time to share some quick research I’ve been doing at work with panoramics and I’ve made no progress towards my new site development. :(
- Poor FitBloggin’ saw no action this week. However I PROMISE to have updates regarding FitBloggin’11 out this summer!
Ok, I’m going to end with my food journal since I made a real effort to food journal today after my fried food chocolate yesterday. It’s all about getting right back on track. No guilt. No regrets. No punishing yourself.
|breakfast was apple pie oatmeal and i sprinkled a bit of protein powder in it.||4|
|munching on cherry tomatoes||0|
|my last bowl of bulgur chicken soup.. that lasted a long time!||4|
|cookie they handed out at work||2|
|sf pudding cup||1|
|small juice – just had a craving||2|
|2 chocolates from the candy store||2|
|new pasta dish i can’t wait to tell you about! made it with little guy.||6|
|light ice cream sandwich||2|