I’m super duper link-tastic this Thursday night. Consider it my apologies for skipping last week’s Thursday Thoughts post. :)
- I present my first link, 7 habits of highly successful snackers, in honor of my BlogToLose Challenge: A Week of Snack-Less Nights. I need to clarify for a few folks that I am NOT against snacking. I’m a snack-o-holic and find myself snactastically munching my way through most days. The point of this first BlogToLose challenge was to motivate and help us become more conscious of our evening eating habits. Because that’s what they normally are. HABITS.
- OR could they be something else? I loved Brett’s post 3 Reasons You Crave Sugar that have Nothing to do with Food. I’m very familiar with number 1, how about you?
- Regardless, I think we need to remember that it’s not that you snack it’s HOW you snack. And I loved YumYucky’s advice over on MizFit‘s this week, Ninja Fitness Calorie Slasher. Both these women are an inspiration to me.
- Moving from snacking to sitting, I need to ask… How many hours a day do you sit? According to this article the average is about 14 and I totally buy it. For me it’s an hour commute, 8 hours at the job, another hour home and then after little guy goes to bed another 3-4 on the couch with tv and laptop in toe.
- One person who hasn’t been sitting much this past year is Ryan from NoMoreBacon. So proud of him! He did great on Studio 5 and his before and after photos are amazing. You gotta check out his latest post, What A Difference A Year Can Make.
- Thinking about how much difference a year really can make I decided to dig in my archives to see what I was doing May 20, 2009 which let me back and back and back and back and, wait did I hit 5 backs yet? Cause that’s how many years I can go back. WOW I’ve been blogging WAY too too long. Anyway it looks like last year Little Guy and I were eating breakfast in our old house. In 2008 I was trying something new, hmpf how fitting. In ’07, I asked, Does Size Matter? (note: that post was salvaged from the crash, I lost most of that year’s archives so I couldn’t pull May 20 exactly. :( In 2006, I had a small gain while preparing for my Tummy Tuck surgery. That was a few months after I reached goal. Youza! I even have a posts from 2005 but they are on my old old old family site. Click here and scroll down. I was 8 months preggers and ready to pop! ;)
- Ok, that was a fun trip down memory lane. I may have to do that every Thursday along with this new idea… Since getting re-energized by my decision to quit the day job (I have 3 months left but I’m still on cloud 9) I’ve been getting more and more excited to be back in the blogging community full time. That’s what really inspired my challenge on BlogToLose and it also has me out in cyberspace discovering new, fabulous, inspiring bloggers! This week I stumbled on Diminishing Lucy and I fell in love with her post, Going Nude: Blogging Without Makeup. I blog without makeup all the time and I highly recommend it. ;) You could probably tell by my goofy photos.
phew I told you, this is a LOT of links and I haven’t even gotten to my updates yet!
- On SkinnyMinnyMedia this week I wrote The Social Media Cold Shoulder I’m tired of people feeling left out, isolated and ignored. It bothers me and guess what.. I feel that way too. I think most people do. I LOVED this post by Seth Godin and I try really hard to rememeber that when I get those feelings.
- On GreenLiteBites I posted Veg-ed Out Manwich (Sloppy Joes) and POM Marinated Chicken with Brown Rice and Spinach. You know the one thing I’m more excited about then anything else with the whole quitting job thing is more time in my kitchen!! I have SO many experiments I want to try. So expect an increase in the food idea department come fall. That is.. IF those experiments work out. ;)
- On FitBloggin I posted another video from the conference, Using Social Media to Reach Goals. I will be making some announcement about the next conference *hopefully* next week. Until then only expect about one post a week up there, as it’s all I have time for at the moment. I am still accepting guest posts and have a few waiting in the wings.
- I think that’s it for my site updates. Am I missing any? I hope to have some updates soon regarding all my crazy blogs. I’ve been considering cramming everything into one central location but I’m not sure how that would work technically and financially. Instead what I think I’m gonna do is expand RoniNoone.com to be an active blog replacing SkinnyMinnyMedia. There I will post all my geek stuff plus updates from across the blogs. So in essence each site will have their own presence (except for SkinnyMinnyMedia which will be static) bul I’ll aggregate them and add additional content. I think this will give me that home base I’ve been craving. Sometimes I feel a bit blog scatterbrained. I’m sure you noticed. ;)
Ok, I leave you with 2 more links and then I’ll shut up.. PROMISE!
- DO NOT forgot that this weekend is the The RoniTony 5K for Kids Event! Pledge to run, walk, stroll even inch at least 5k (that’s 3 miles) this weekend. Come one, after sitting 14 hours a day you need to stretch those legs! I’ll be running 5 in Boston which is good cause I haven’t worked out since Monday!
- And finally, if you are on twitter, join me as I sit on the panel for the Biggest Loser Finale Party on 5/25 @ 8pm EST. I’m gonna confess…. I’m bad at these twitter party things, I always feel like the old woman who can’t keep up but I’m always up for a challenge! Even a twitter speed reading challenge. Stop on by and join us if you are online. I’m @RoniNoone, by the way.
So… was that super duper link-tastic enough for you? ;)