This weeks Thursday Thoughts is all devoted to CHANGE! I have quite a few things happening and I need to fill you in but first let me share these thoughts. . .
- Let me start with food since I’m quite obsessed. I found this article about making some simple CHANGES to your diet that can pay off big time on the nutrient front. Loved that the mention sweet potatoes, kale, and papaya. Three things I’ve branched out and tried in the last couple of years. :)
- "Look at what you currently eat and then figure out how you could make small healthy CHANGES." Great advice I found in the article, The Best Diet? That Depends on You
- How about CHANGING when you’re older? Maureen Bliss proves it IS possible!
- Moving to the blog-o-shpere one of my favorite bloggers, Pastaqueen, is going through a major CHANGE moving from Indiana to North Carolina.
- I love that Jen is going through CH-CH-CHANGES on the exercise from and felt confident enough to label herself a gym rat and a running fanatic!
- Suck it up Princess is making conscious CHANGES and challenging herself. I love that!
- On GreenLiteBites this week I stuck to all dinner ideas, Fried Barley with Cilantro and Carrots, Turkey and Mushrooms over Noodles and 15 Minute Red Beans and Rice
- As for RoniNoone.com and FitBloggin’, I’ve had NO time make updates. None.. zip.. zero. There are just not enough hours in the day which leads me to the first of 2 big CHANGES in store for me.
- I will soon be self employed, yet again. I love my job and I’m glad I went back to work and gave it a chance but I just can’t continue on the pace I’m currently on. I’m EXHAUSTED. After much discussion, debating and consideration the husband and I came to the conclusion that working for myself is in our best interest. I just can’t work 2 full time jobs any longer, which is what I’ve basically been doing between day job and the blogs/conference. Plus there are so many things I want to accomplish but have no time, my cook book, for example. Plus I’d like to pursue a traditional book deal as well. So come August I will be focusing on my family, my sites, the FitBloggin’ conference and the book ideas I have. I’m excited but nervous. I like having a job, it’s safe. But I also like the freedom of working for myself. It’s rewarding. Only time will tell if this is the right decision but I’ll never know unless I try.
- My second CHANGE isn’t as life altering but it sure is fun! Saturday I will be cutting all my hair off. I’m just not made for long hair. I don’t have the time or interest in doing it every morning and I’m tired of leaving the house with wet hair and a rubber-band. So I’m going short… REAL short. Think Jaime Lee Curtis, Morena Baccarin, and Alyssa Milano. I’m leaning toward something like this which is close to my old do (this pic circa 2003)…
Of course I’ll take before and after shots.. I want to have fun with it. Like I said.. it’s time for a CHANGE… Sha na na na Sha na na na…..
Sorry. I couldn’t help myself. LMAO