Ok, I couldn’t help myself. When I thought about posting all the links I gathered for this weeks Thursday’s Thoughts post on Friday (I totally ran out of time on Thursday) that scene and song popped into my head.
Anyways… I do have some thoughts today. Actually A LOT of thoughts so bear with me. If I lose you before the end I’ll totally understand. Here goes. . .
- I stumbled across, Curious: How Healthy Are Frozen Diet Meals? and I had to share. If you looked back at my old food journals (the ones on paper) you’d see quite a few entries of pre-packaged frozen foods scattered through out. When I started on this lifestyle change they were a baby step for me. An easy way to eat a meal where the points and nutritional information where all ready nice and calculated out for me. I’ve moved on and I’m glad to rid myself of all that extra salt but MAN I miss those little french bread pizzas. ;)
- If frozen meals aren’t your thing may I interested you in some Chili Peppers. Apparently they help us lose weight (paired with a low calorie diet of course.)
- Moving into the blog world Deanna, The Unnatural Mothers hears the same voices I think many of us do.
- Tina from Carrots ‘N Cake did a "I Bet You Didn’t Know" post that I thought was simply genius. You can bet I’ll be doing one and I think it would be so fun to start a meme. I’ll work on a small graphic and if you have a blog I hope you’ll play a long. Look for that next week.
- One blog I’m honored to get a mention on is DietBlog. They recently linked me up in the post Link Time! Natural Foods, Lane Bryant Banned, and More
- There SO much good stuff going on over at BlogToLose I can’t even begin to link to everyone but I do love when people pat themselves on the back AND come to realizations, especially running realizations. (boy how I can relate) :)
- Speaking of Running.. This weekend I’ll be in Pittsburgh struggling through my second half marathon. I’m not ready but I’m also not freaking out. I’m running with an old friend and we are just going to have fun with it. I may tweet now and then but I’m making no promises. If you happen to be in “The Burgh” keep an eye out for me. I’ll be wearing the same shirt I wore in the marathon. I’m gonna need all the cheering I can get! oh and I heard it may rain. :(
- More on running… I’m doing well on my 2010 running goals so far and I think I found my June race, The Survivor Harbor 7. I haven’t registered yet but I’m planning to once I verify the weekend works for me. I’m also hunting for events for the rest of the year. I’m open to suggestions as long as they are in Maryland or close by. :)
- Just 2 posts on GreenLiteBites this week, Oat Crusted bay Scallops with Peas and Brown Rice and a Vitalicious Chocolate-Banana Marbled Brownie Cake Video Post.
- As for FitBloggin’ I’m still working on getting the details down for the next conference. In the meantime I hope to be posting weekly guest posts from my fellow bloggers. First up, Pastaqueen with a great post about How to start a healthy living blog.
- I did post on SkinnyMinnyMedia this week about what it means to be a blogger. I really do have a lot of thoughts on that subject and my job at UMBC might be helping me explore them a bit more.
- Work… hmm there’s a thing I’ve been pondering for some time (which is probably a cause for my recent funk) and I should probably write a whole post on. Long story short I’m into a lot of things right now and every time I try to lighten my workload I somehow get another idea I want to explore. It’s like a disease.
- That said.. I am writing sample chapters for a book proposal and I hope to get the self-published cookbook out by the end of the year. Yes… I am crazy. But I’m having fun! :)
Ok, was the enough thoughts for ya? I’m off. I have to pack for my trip to Pittsburgh. I’ll be back Sunday with a full details. :)