I feel like it’s been forever since I just did a chatty post. This snow has got me all out of wack. Plus, I have so much going on. Specifically surrounding the FitBloggin’ conference. We are a month away and I’m in full fledged planning mode. I don’t think I anticipated how much work organizing a conference would be but I’m having a ton of fun with it. I’m seriously thinking I should have been an event planner. Maybe I’ll change careers. Again. :)
Seriously though, FitBloggin’ is shaping up nicely. The schedule is working out, the speakers are simply inspirational and you got to check out the Who’s Comin’ list. What an amazing bunch of bloggers!
Besides the conference I’ve been spending a lot of time in the kitchen recently. In the last week on GreenLiteBites I’ve posted. . .
- Curried Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- Slow Cooked Top Sirloin with Rosemary and Thyme
- Homemade Almond Milk the Video
- Produce Pick: Kale
- Chocolate Cherry Almond Vita-Loaf
And to think I thought I was losing my creative juices. Apparently all I needed was trip to the grocery store before a big snow storm. :)
All this cooking and experimenting has me eating a bit more then I normally do and I’m feeling quite… bleh. The lack of running isn’t helping either.
The snow is really crimping my running style. Remember my 2010 Running goals? Well my February run has been rescheduled due to snow and and I’m supposed to start my half marathon training tomorrow! Umm yeah.. with 2 feet of snow on the ground and more on the way, I’m not sure when THAT will happen.
I’ve gotten a few requests to post my training schedule and I will. When I’m able to start it! I promise. :)
So besides shoveling snow and a bit of dancing around the house with the little guy I’m doing nothing in the exercise department at the moment. I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. I’ll get back in the grove again but I definitely notice a difference in how I feel when my activity level decreases. And when I say feel, I mean not only physically but also mentally. I’m so much happier in my skin when active and moving and challenging myself. What a crazy turn of events for the girl who declared her self an exercise hater not that long ago.
Let’s see… what else is going on? Not much really. I updated a few short posts on RoniNoone.com. I’ve been battling SPAM again on BlogToLose and I have a few initiatives I want to get started but they are all going to have to wait until post conference. Here’s what I’m thinking…
- 2010 will be the GreenLiteBites cookbook year. I’m tired of giving myself excuses. I just need to do it already. I have to stop being so scared of it!
- I haven’t had time to record any new Ask Roni video/podcasts and I miss doing them. I’m seriously considering doing a weekly or monthly Ask Roni live chat on USTREAM or BlogTalkRadio. This way I have sessions scheduled and I can do them live instead of taking time to pre-record, edit and upload. Anyway just something I’ve been pondering.
- Redesign! It’s time for a change. I really have an itch to redesign Roni’s Weigh and make it simpler. There are too many things going on on this page! I really want to streamline the whole layout and create a new simple theme.
Ok, I think that’s it. That’s enough, right? :) Right now my inbox is jam packed but I don’t care. I want to cuddle with the hubz, watch a little TV and get some sleep. That’s the only think on my agenda at this very moment. :)
Hope you’re week is off to a great start!